Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Anyone have an Excalibur Vortex? >

Anyone have an Excalibur Vortex?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone have an Excalibur Vortex?

Old 09-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Spike

Default Anyone have an Excalibur Vortex?

I plan to use my Horton throughout this year's deer seasons but during the off season I would like to get an Excalibur. So many of you love your Excals that it makes me want one.

I see Excalibur has a new Vortex model. Do any of you have one and if so, would you provide me with your opinion of the vortex. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have an Excalibur Vortex?

A few of us have them...As for me for a RecurveI LOVE IT.....I just put the Lumi-zone scope on it and a sling,Dnk string....Have nothing bad to say.Well it hasnt got a deer for me yet.BUT.I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.....
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 PM

I have one also. Me and Ranger both got ours about the same time. It is a great CB. I have been shooting Horton's since I was sixteen and am 31 now and they are fine CB's if you stay away from the wal-mart line and alot of guys have good luck with them. But I like you got tired of all the fuss. Actually what put me over the line was freedom from a shop. I had a run in with the guy at my local shot about CB's and told myself I would never go back. If you shoot much then a Bow press is something you need for the servings on compounds. So the only way around all that was a recurve so I could do all my own work. I like the thumbhole stock, itis great and it is alot more accurate at farther ranges then my two Horton's, no deer at 40 and 50, but the coons better watch out! They are simple, you can take it apart in a few minuets and put right back together with no problem. Do you have the Talon trigger on your Horton. The Vortex is as light as the Talon, but sometimes I think it is a little long compared to the Talon. It is getting better with use and broke in. But it is nice a crisp with a clean break. Overall I like the Vortex better then the Horton Super Max 175. The Excal scopes with there CB is a great Combo, you will be happy!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Spike

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like a Vortex might be in my future. I currently have the Horton Legend 175 with the Talon trigger - I took the red dot scope off and installed an Excal LumiScope. I like the Talon trigger and LOVE the LumiScope. Hoping to see a deer through the scope when our season opens Monday morning !!

Another question about the Excal recurve limbs - do you have to unstring the limbs regularly? and is it difficult to string and unstring the limbs?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

here's a link to a thread on Excal forum where one sat strung for FIVE YEARS, lol.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19334