Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 My slick trick experiance >

My slick trick experiance

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

My slick trick experiance

Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default My slick trick experiance

Finally got to shoot my Slickstoday, well at least 2 of the 3, since one of them was bent when I opened the package early this week not allowing the blades to be inserted. [:@]

Called Slick Trick up yesterday morning and the lady just asked what wasthe problemand then asked for my name and address to send me another one just that easy. I asked if they wanted the original one sent to them and she no that I should recieve a new tip in a few days sorry for the problems and have a great day. Took a whole 2 minutes if that.

Anyways on to the shooting part of it. I used a small front rest to dial them in and they did need some tweaking. On my multi-dot scope I had to go 3 clicks down and 4 clicks to the right @ 20 yards. I am shooting 2216's Horton Lighting Strike MX bolts. Fletched up with some 4" AAE Elite Plastifletch. My bolts are right at 438 grains each, this includes the 100 grain Slick Trick Magnums.

Shot several times and also shot some field tips in between to see how far off each were with the changes to the scope settings. I was drilling the bullseye with the slicks and the field tips would drift just around the 2 o'clock position 2" out from the bulleyes (remember I moved the sites down and over to the right for the slicks) so all the shots were consistent for my new settings. You can hear them flying which was different from the old 3-blade Muzzy's I use to shoot.

This is all on 20 yards, will see about doing some more shooting this week out alittle further, had to pack up for the day to take my almost 3 yr old boy fishing for the first time with his brand new Scooby Doo fishing pole. Which he also caught his very first large mouth bass.

Just doing my part to keep hunting and fishing alive.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Default RE: My slick trick experiance

They Are some Great Broadheads I shoot the 125Grain 1 " Standard They are Awesome !
Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My slick trick experiance

aye they are nice bheads.