Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Slick-Trick

Old 01-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which Slick-Trick

Everyone,

After fooling around for several years with expandables, with mixed results, I have decided to go exclusively with fixed-blades. I have settled on the slick-tricks, mainly for reasons I have read here.But now I see there are several different models of the slick-trick, such asgriz-trick, magnum, and etc. What if any difference is there in these heads and what are your preferences and why. Thanx for the help.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Slick-Trick

Jim, I have used all models and they all are very good. The 2 models I personally like the best are the Mags, and the Grizz Trick as I shoot plenty of KE to blow either head completely through a Deer.

Popularity as far as numbers I sell are as follows:

1. 100 Grain Magnum
2. 100 Grain Standard
3. 100 Grain Grizz Trick

Of course the Grizz Trick wasn't available until late last year. I shot the Grizz Trick this last hunting season and have No complaints at all.

There really is no wrong choice. What kind of setup are you shooting?

Dan
Old 01-19-2009, 05:33 AM

PastorJim,

I've always preferred a "cut on contact" type broadhead so when the Razor Trick came out I just had to give it a try. I love the way it shoots and the results are devastating. I've gotten five deer with them so far and all have been pass throughs with excellent blood trails. A couple of them hit trees after going through the deer and the broadhead held up. One of them I really had to work at to remove it from the tree but when I finally got it out only one of the four blades was damaged beyond resharpening. I've resharpened a couple of them to what I believe is "factory specs" and the replacement blades are cheap enough to buy if you're not into reusing blades that have been shot once. They do look tiny on your arrows but you can't argue with their excellent flight and results.

My only concern is that you don't hear a lot of people using them and I'm hoping they are not going to be discontinued. Even in MeanV's reply to you his favorite three didn't include the Razor Trick. But if they go by the wayside then I'll just try another Slick Trick type as they all exhibit excellent flight characteristics and performance. Plus, I think it's great that the owner will take the time to read and answer questions in this forum. That's just plain good ole customer service.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Razor Trick is an excellent made head and does have excellent flight characteristics.

The 85 grain trick and the Razor Trick were the slowest sellers. That said the Razor Trick was just introduced in late 08, and this year could be a different story.

Dan
Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 AM

Thanks Dan,

I'm doing my best to sell them from my own personal experience with them. They fly true, hold up great, excellent results and actually fly faster than some of my other broadheads that I previously used. I'm no broadhead expert by any means but I do have my own chrono and I know how fast my arrows fly with any broadhead / fletch combination that I try. I shoot a Bear / Excalibur hybrid Maxpoint compound crossbow, 20" arrows, 2" Blazers with your 100 grain Razor Trick and they are going 336 fps from my crossbow. The closest other broadheads that I tried were still 6 fps slower with most beiing slower than that and although a couple of them were almost as fast as the Razor Trick they weren't as accurate. Speed, accuracy and dependability is hard to beat.

Thanks and I hope 2009 brings more sales to the Razor Trick.

GZ
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Good afternoon Pastor. How is your soul doing today?

I have the standards and though I have not killed a whitetail with them you can rest assured that I tell you the truth when I say they fly fast and extremely accurate, even more so than my field points. I have the standard 100 grain version. Everyone states that they do a wonderful jobon humanely taking a deer also. I was kind of worried at first because they do appear to be small but they are sharp and built tough.

I only shoot a solo cam Black Ice at 254 fps so I am going to stick with the standards for now until I get my new Bowtech Air Raid later this year. Then I will be upgrading to the larger magnum or grizz models.

They are some of the best broadheads in the market at the most affordable prices. You cannot lose Pastor.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I was out (in knee deep snow)taking down stands and setting up cameras yesterday so I didn't have time to repond to your responses. MeanV, I shoot a Hoyt Oasis, ten year old bow, set at 67lbs 28in. draw, 27.5in maxima hunters, flying about 275 fps. The guy in my local pro-shop says at that speed, I should be able to shoot just about any broadhead and have no tuning issues. Please give me your best recommendation on which slick-trick. Thanx. By the way dozen arrows, my soul is blessed but my legs, after yesterday's excursion, are feeling thier age!!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim,
The 100 or 125 grain Mags would be hard to beat.but I'm sure the Grizz Trick would also work.

The Mags are my number 1 seller and for good reason. If you are hunting Whitetails any of the above will work great!

Dan
Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

MeanV2,

Thank you for your quick response. What is your shipped price on the slick-tricks? Indiana 46953

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 01-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

MeanV2,

Thank you for your quick response. What is your shipped price on the slick-tricks? Indiana 46953

Blessings.....Pastorjim

You can check them out at my website. See signature! All my prices include shipping.

I'm about 45 miles from Evansville.

Dan

Quick Reply: Which Slick-Trick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.