Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ghost deer

Old 08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ghost deer

I will take my little boy (almost 3 yrs old) out in the evenings during magic time to let him see some deer. So far this year I have seen the widest spread buck in my life. He had no height but looked as if he had two baseball bats sticking out to the sides, silly looking and must suck to turn your head to walk between trees. About 300 yards from my house to boot

Anyways last night the wifes gone shopping and the boy was ready to go look for deer with me. I almost grabbed my digital camera but didn't. (big mistake) Did some riding around the normal route and didn't see to much action. Decided to try another route but come in from a different direction. I get up to this one field and see 3 doe just chilling, and I see the bright white object also in the bean field, thinking at first it was some box or whatever out in this field when it was really a albino doe's butt pointing directly at me. She picked up her head and stared at me like I was at her. I guess she was about 115 - 120lbs, not to bad for this neck of the woods. I am only a mile or two from my house. I hurry back grab my digi and go back.. Theywere all gone [:@]

Found out this morning that the land belongs to a local hunt club owner. So no chance in hunting that land. Wifes friend and her husband do own some land about 1/4 mile away and you never know I might see her again before the season is over.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Ghost deer

I would like to see an Albino deer. We have a Piebald on our lease. Isnt it illegal to shoot Albinos? I am pretty sure it is in TN...........
Old 08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ghost deer

Yup its against Tn. law to harvest one.