Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 quiver question? >

quiver question?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

quiver question?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: quiver question?

ORIGINAL: moeskeeter

Do you guys use your quiver on your crossbow? I do not have mine on, but it is a pain to carry my crossbow, arrow case and my other stuff in the woods in one trip.
If I put it on will my crossbow shotthe same?
if me, i would use quiver on bow to haul your arrows into your stand and hang it on a hook..
i use a back quiver i made years ago that holds 3 arrows,its much better than a HIP quiver if you are still hunting etc...
i look like ROBIN HOOD,ha.....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM

I have not bought a Excal quiver yet and not sure if I will. I never really liked it on my Horton and always took off in stand so I may just use a Horton one and keep in pack, not sure yet. I have also thought about a nice hip quiver that Don talks about and just clip to belt or coat loop. But over all I dislike a quiver on my bow.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with mine on and off but when I get in my stand it wil get hung on my hook,if you plan on stocking it would be good to get used to it on,not unless you are goig to use a belt quiver in witch I did buy the belt attachment so all I need to do is remove it from my bow and slip it on my belt.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well boys I've seen the light! Danny Miller's top mount quiver bracket is the best I've seen so far especially considering the price. I noticed it in the Excal movie where Bill culls an Elephant. With it on your scope picture is unchanged and it does not obsure your arrow. Cheap too! Pass the monkey nuts! Donno if I will use it constantly but sure will use it from time to time,

Old 05-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know if I could get used to that type of quiver mount,seems to me it would be heavier the monkey nuts[],what I mean is monkey nuts are not all that heavey from what Ive been told by a select few on here.BUT it seems that that would put more weight on the front then the side quiver does,but a steddy eddy would take care of it if blind hunting but also seems it would get in the way when stalking......Do tell thos that use the groundpounder......
Old 05-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

If given my druthers I'd rather carry the arrows in a quiver still but if a bow mount was needed this is light, cheap and gives lots of clearance to the string.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

So the added front weight really is'nt a issue with the groundpounder,right.
Iam saveing up for the curve front end being how I cant seem to part with the Pro Fusion and still stuck in a pickel bucket on the Y25 if still around....
Just got the bill for my sons Life Flight[:@]8,640.00 plus I havent recived the Intensive care bill(around 6 grand a day I was told),plus his surgery bill........[][][]......

Did you weight the groundpounder ?...
Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well in realitive terms to the factory bracket it is probably a few oz less and much less than the ground pounder mount. The Moon/Wyvern and the Ground Pounder are slick and the Miller is simple and cheap. What the Miller offers is cheap and loads of clearance. There are three choices at the moment. The Miller, the M/W and the factory all offer something different. Not sure what the factory offers but the others do offer different things.
That's crappy to hear about the expenses. Do you have insurance????
Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will look into thos when I get more free time.
We are getting killed at the Boat shop with all the bad weather putting deliveries behind(4 weeks)and it didnt help that the lakes were 2 weeks late in opening up.....in 3 weeks Ive put in 193.20 hours at work so time is nill althou I did get monday and tuesday off.....
Iam still trying the insurance due to the fact that my work canceld I cant do cobra but put in for a conversion plan and got the med cards friday so hopefully it will cover Zak's hospital and Life Flight.....keeping fingers crossed...

Do you notice a big weight differance with the horizontal quiver mount ?...I think it would be better then haveing to big the arrow up and around from the bottom,do you feel its easier to load with that style of mount ?.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I'd rather eat peanuts out of monkey poop rather than carry the arrows around on a quiver!
X2...on my hip, not on my bow.

Quick Reply: quiver question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.