Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 quiver question? >

quiver question?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

quiver question?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Spike

Default quiver question?

Do you guys use your quiver on your crossbow? I do not have mine on, but it is a pain to carry my crossbow, arrow case and my other stuff in the woods in one trip.
If I put it on will my crossbow shotthe same?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: quiver question?

I use my quiver while going in and out of the woods until I get to my stand then I lay it to the side. As far as I can tell it shoots the same with or with out it.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: moeskeeter

If I put it on will my crossbow shotthe same?
I do not know what bow your shooting or how the quiver is mounted ............. BUT................
there should be no effect on the accuracy of the bow with the quivver mounted on the bow. Now what might be a problem is that the ballance of the bow might be changed and then become not as comportable for you. What I normally do is carry the quiver in my pack then hang it in my stand after I get to my hunting spot.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom
What I normally do is carry the quiver in my pack then hang it in my stand after I get to my hunting spot.
I think this is what I've decided to do as well. Iputmy quiver onmy crossbow lastnight and then put on the crossbow sling.When I put the sling on my shoulders I noticed the vanes would be rubbing on my clothing. I dont want to chance it messing them up.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I do the same as Tom but sometimes I use a hip quiver if I am doing some still hunting.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The balance maybe abit different but you should get used to it. I don't mount one, i just take a cord and slip it over shoulder or i slide belt thru it until i get to where i am hunting at.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wasn't too impressed w/ stock Excal quiver mount under the bow, dang thing is always in the way. Here's a pic of Danny Millers which mounts on one of your dovetails, there's anothert type being sold on Excal forum by a guy which mounts using the two holes in Excal riser. It does NOT interfere w/ scope or red dot sights.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last season I just hung my quiver in the tree when I got to my stand but it is a pain walking thru the brush with that thing snagging every branch.

This season I have made up a PVC tube with apermanent cap on one end and a screw-on at the other end. A little foampadding at each end keeps them from rattling and some camo spray paint seems OK.One end fits neatly into the water bottle pouch of my pack and the other end is securredwith Velcro. The only problem is that it only holds three arrows, but I figure one should do it.
We will see how it works out in the field however and I could end up the way it was.....
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the mount awshucks is talking about, the guys name is groundpounder on the site, so this is called the groundpounder mount, I absolutly love it. My bow feels too light to me without it anymore.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather eat peanuts out of monkey poop rather than carry the arrows around on a quiver!

Quick Reply: quiver question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.