Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

DNK Strings!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DNK Strings!

My string is holding its own now......like it alot......shot around 60 arrows today while outside,I think I gotaround 100 thru it now and still looks new.......
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The endless loop Boo made string has 105 shots on it. Started off 3/4" above highest brace line. Its stretched 5/8" but still above line no twisting yet. If it will stretch to lower line great, if it goes below lower line i will twist it. This one is showing early signs of wear. Not from rail but from trigger claws and rope cocking hooks. You just have to understand that it has 105 shots already and its hard to judge wear as to when it will need changed out. I know that without any doubt it will go at least the 300 mark. This string isn't stetching like the Flemish one did. That i believe is the reason fer the signs of early wear. This in no way reflects on craftsmanship of this quality string.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM

When I first started shooting with my Exocet 200 , it had the stock xcel string and it lasted about 150 shots , but I would have to say that at around 75 shots or so the claw marks were showing on the serving.
SOOOooo before I put DNK's string on, I polished the claws with real fine, super fine sand paper......this in turn made them super smooth. Then after 100 or so shots with the DNK string , no claw marks were even beggining to show. I know this had to help on serving wear.
But all my smiles came to a halt.....I dry fired the DNK string.....stupid me.
Well I tell you what , this church going boy let out some choice words that may never be forgiven LOL.

SOOOOooo , I now have another DNK string on with about 50 shots on it....I'm smile'n again.
BOB in PA
Old 08-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, re you saying the string broke on a dry fire? Or did a limb let go? Did the string survive intact?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:04 PM

Yeppp, the string broke......it was a sad moment, but could have been worse.
BOB
Old 08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dry-Fire Dave and Dry-Fire Don, now there's Dry-Fire Bob
You might want to have a set of limbs or two handy like I do. This last string will not forgive you dry-firing it! Anyone care for some Dacron?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk
You might want to have a set of limbs or two handy like I do.
I have thought about that some since the dry fire seems to be a problem with Excal owners and am dreading ever doing it. But since you mentioned it how much does a spare set cost and how do you go about getting them?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, ya doesn't needs spare limbs for your Excal!! Both myself and Planter [that I know of] have cracked a limb w/ stupidity dry-fire, replaced by Danny, no charge, mine were gone less than 7 days and he replaced both limbs when only one was splintered. I put a piece of masking tape on inside of limb w/ ARROW DUMMY??? on it. If ya does it, [and ya will] and if ya splinter/crack a limb [guessing 50/50 here] just call him and tell the truth, ya gets a free ride. He/they know there's only one way to trash a limb, lol.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:09 PM

But what if I do it during season? Can I buy a set for my some day stupidity binge and have on the shelf waiting? That would be OK during the off season but would like to have a back up plan for during the season.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Y'all keep this between us,yesterday my nephew was talking to me and i got distracted[:-]. I fired my exocet 200 no arrow and it had a Boo endless loop string on it. My limbs are perfect and string is intact and shooting strong![][8D]