HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Pydpiper
Typical Buck

Default RE: which to use? Crimson Talon or Crimson talon hyper-speeds ?

I don't know what you mean by right, but I would have to answer yes.
My comment was based on a comparison, I will run 3 slicks then 3 Talons then 3 talon XT's (also a few others) and drive them into a target for a few hours. The Talons had a tendency of wandering away around 30 yards and would require me to completely change the adjustments in my scope. I can take practice tips and drop one arrow in the target (30-40 yards)then use that as my center, the slicks just keep sheering off vanes while the talons seem to have a mind of their own. Once I set my scope up to shoot the talons straight they shoot OK, but still nothing even close to what I am getting from the Slicks.
They are OK as far as broadheads go, they shoot very similar to the Wasps I shoot with.. I hunt everything that is legal and will not hesitate at arabbit at 40 yards with a slick but with the talons I have to sneak a bit closer.. Not to mention the set up in between.
I had an extensive conversation with the talon guys, they seem to know what they are doing, but I prefer to unscrew a practice point, screw on a broadhead and go find something to shoot. I get all bent out of shape when I have to take the caps off my scope to shoot straight.
When I first got the Talons they flew perfect, all three of them, but since then I just don't have the faith I need to release the arrow.