Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 It's a bow not a rifle no matter how much you wish. >

It's a bow not a rifle no matter how much you wish.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

It's a bow not a rifle no matter how much you wish.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's a bow not a rifle no matter how much you wish.

I have been messing around with blunts at the off squirrel or rabibit that wanders out of the woods in my back yard a 50yds Plus and have been surprized that even arabbit can jump the string at that range and I can sip my coffee as it arches it's way out there.I can whack them all day at 30yds, but it really goes way down hill fast after that. ..

A lot of the guys I hunt withbreak their vert bows out two weeks before the season and are lucky to hit a pie plate at 20yds although they are more than willing to launch a mortar at something 50yds away. There would be a lot less bad hit deer if these guys picked up an Xbow. At least in short order that could be delivering killing shots at 20yds instaed of gut shots. In my experience and cetainly on this forum we beat our bows up shooting them...

NOTE!!! I must say that the wife and kids forbid my killing anything in the back yard although yotes are now fair game and that plump buck could be on the list. I am just scaring the rabbits>>>>>>Whack!!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's a bow not a rifle no matter how much you wish.

pshh, are you going to let women and children determine what you can hunt and where you can hunt it?! I dont think so! lol Have fun shootin the bow! i havent shot mine since february[:'(]
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

In archery there seems to be 2 kinds. The guy who sleeps with his bow and the guy who owns 1 bow and blows the dust off 2 weeks before. We've all seen 'em. Since both kinds are going to be in the woods no matter what, you're right I would rather see them own an xbow than a compound. I've got a friend that now has an xbow. It saves me from blood trailing no where deer, and listening to sad stories. He just better not shoot my buck! LOL
Old 06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you know squirrel. If you talked to my ball and chain like that she would drag you by the ear to the woodpile. It also does not help when they are yelling run away run away at the yotes.....
PS.. ain't that 10/22 a grand little gun. Bought my 15 year old one but I have been shooting it more than him. Awful lot of shots for $10.00
>>>>>>>>>>>>Wh ack!!