Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Not a sport for the disabled only.. >

Not a sport for the disabled only..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Not a sport for the disabled only..

Old 06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not a sport for the disabled only..

It seems like most of us started using Xbows because of some injury. I can still pull my compound after two back surgerys but was able to wrangle a permit. Myreasons for shooting an excal is that they are a really cool tool.Sure it gives me a small advantage in a couple of ways but it's just plain fun.
I let guys shoot my Pheonix and they fall over themselves they like it so much and these guys are avid bow hunters. I would suggest that you let as many guys take a shot or two as you can. It's a sure way to bring someone who just plain likes to shoot projectiles over to the dark side.
>>>>>>Whack!!

PS.. My fish and game club don't let crossbows in even for those with a permit. Do yuh think that even legal??? Seems to discriminate against the disabled not that I'm gonna be the one to fuss...

Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Default RE: Not a sport for the disabled only..

On private property, they can set whatever rules they like. Let some other members try out the excal, that might get some results.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Not a sport for the disabled only..

Planter,

Is the place open to the public? Or for members only? As a non-member, can you walk up to the place and walk in the door? As a disabled person could you join? If you joined then you using an xbow is likely to be viewed as a reasonable accommodation for your disability. Private property has no bearing. Your local mall is on private property. I'm an expert on the subject but would need more to answer with a 100% accuracy.