Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 PM

Default WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who to be mad at! BHSS, Excalibur, or Me? I order the Vortex and it came today. Get the video out at start to watch. Get to the part where I need the stringing aid, NO STRINGING AID! The basic Bow does not come with it, buy it separate! I just don't understand why one would be sold with out it? I consider myself pretty strong and there is no way I am going to getthat thing back like the four lines in the book say. I feel like I am breaking the CB or me. I think I have a blood clot in my brain from trying so hard! So to say the least I am a little upset, at who I do not know. It also makes me mad that in the video he does not do it with out a stringing aid. Why, well me and him both know why! I feel like a sixty year old man with a twenty year old blond and no ED pills!

EDIT: Had to edit after I calmed down, a little harsh for a faimily site.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep Breath!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Deep Breath!
Randy, We both know you are smiling! Don't deny it!! LOL!!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM

Same thing happened to me. Still waiting on my stringer to get here. It doesn't seem right that they wouldn't include it w/ the package.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I am, but I feel bad for you and know how you feel.
(if you'd bought a TenPoint, the bow would have been strung)
Where is your closest Excal dealer that would have what you need?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AlaskaBat

Same thing happened to me. Still waiting on my stringer to get here. It doesn't seem right that they wouldn't include it w/ the package.
I agree, that is kinda dumb.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

This is the second time I heard this in the past few days..

Make a makeshift one! An easy way would be with two people and a rope, or if you are solo you could do it with a strong (very strong) thin rope.
With two people get a rope and put a two or three inch loop on each end at about 39" apart, one guy reefs on the string to bend the limbs while the other slides the string through the loops onto the tips.
The hardest part would be getting the bowstring through the loops without the plastic ends of the stringing aid.
Keep in mind that the string will immediately start to stretch and will require you to repeat this process quite a few times to maintain your brace height.
I don't know why they don't include it either, it's like getting a new car and not getting the keys. The silly little thing is probably worth all of about 10 cents. Hmm, maybe they are trying to lean buyers towards purchasing an extra package..I would be mad too.
Whatever you do, do not put force on the side of the stock, it will not take it. I can now take off a string without the aid but it involves contorting one of my legs in an unnatural way..
Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper
Whatever you do, do not put force on the side of the stock, it will not take it.
That is what I felt like I was doing. Could get it most of the way back but would feel my leg start to push on stock.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

aT LEAST YOURS CAME TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is why I orderd the package deal less scope,that way I know I have everything I need to start.......

By the way.....

CONGRATS
Old 06-21-2007, 04:17 PM

Keep watching the video, later on they show you how to do it w/out the stringer. Use you weight as a counterforce and don't pull with your arms or back. It's a good thing to know how to do anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.