Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Danny Miller...

Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Danny Miller...

I have heard Dan and the others talk about Danny alot, and now I know why. I called him from work today and I felt liked I robbed him. I make the call and guy answers the phone with a flat HELLO. I say is this Danny Miller, he said yes, So I say the Danny Miller that is with Excal, and it was like his lite bulb came on and he said O Yes I sell for Excalibur. He either only has one phone line or he was in the shop but in home mode! Off track but I though it was funny since I do the same thing at work alot. SO I tell him that I want a FFF string, he says OK, butwhat CB do you have and how long have you had it. I tell him its the Vortex and just got it yesterday. Then he wants to make sure I understand brace hight and I have to explain it to himsohe is sure I understand. He explains that alot of guys do notadjust it at firstand get frustrated. He just wanted to make sure I was on track.SO I say one string and a servingjig. He says do you know how to put serving on?I say not a clue but I am sure Danand the others will help me on HNI. He said well thats fine but we will come back to that later.He ask what else, I say I hear you have pretty good arrows, I want some. Then he spends time explainingbalance and the brass inserts and spent a good time explaining why he thinks his arrows are top notch. I was impressed. He then asked if that was all and I said yes, he gets my CC number and then he said now lets talk about serving.We were on the phone over a half hour with him going into great detail about how to put the serving on the right way. I felt like I was cheating him since he has to be a busy guy and I know he had to have stuff to do, but he keep right on talking and I truly enjoyed the conversation. Agreat Excal rep who cares about customers IMO.He also informed me I paid twice what he charges for the stringing aid, his was only ten, I paid twenty. lesson learned.SO I should get my stuff Tuesday and be doing lots more shooting! Thanks for the recommendation Dan. Now I just have to wait for momma to notice the seventy bucks gone from checking!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Danny Miller...

How big did you say your DOG house was !!!!!! .
Old 06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard to describe Danny, but he's one of the nicest guys in the world and has forgotten more about xbows than most of us mere mortals will ever learn. You guys that have minor problems or questions about other brands can give him a call too. You get the feeling talking to him that you are the only customer he has. No web site, but if he's on the phone when you call, he'll either switch over to ask you to wait a second, or if you get his machine you can bet he's calling you back, often after normal business hours.

My wife had a saying that applies to guys like Danny: "When they leave us, a library closes"

I shamelessly troll for business for him, not that there aren't other dealers/reps out there like him, but he's the one I know and have done quite a bit of business w/ and feel very comfortable advising guys to talk to him. It's a shame he can't compete w/ "net" prices on xbows, but that's business I guess. As Jason learned, he's the best deal out there for accessories, strings, ect. [740] 483-2312.

One more little fact for you Excal guys. Every return or warranty problem in the USA ends up at Danny's. You can save yourself some time and grief by just giving him a call rather than going thru who ever you bought the bow from.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan and the boys hooked me up with Mr.Miller and it was a great experience. I had dry-fired the new Pheonix and was on the verge of tears. I might have even spilled one or two. I called Mr. Miller and admitted the fault was mine. He fired out a new pair of limbs and only requested I put the broken ones back in the same box and send them back. I was back in action in a couple of days. That guy seems to be the salt of the world. >>>>>>>>Whack!!! Wish my regular bow guy was half as cool instead of always digging for as much money as he can...This silly Xbow seems to be alot less prone to trouble than theand even the arrows are less money cause you don't need them cut to lenght.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Awshucks hooked me up with Danny a while back to help resolve some scope issues, it was a very educational phone call.
Shortly after I was in a hunting class in Canada, a video was playing, the lights were down and thats when I heard him, thick accent talking about crossbow safety, I knew the voice right away and finally got a chance to see him,The guy made it into an extensive Canadian hunting class.