Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbows and hunting... >

Crossbows and hunting...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbows and hunting...

Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crossbows and hunting...

I have just read the article on the survey that OL posted on their website. I will say that at this point in my life I do not use a crossbow to hunt with but I will make this statement...
As hunters we are responsible to bring our friends, family, co-workers, and all those around us into the hunting lifestyle so that it will continue for many generations to come. It should not matter what weapon we use just so long as the hunter using that weapon uses it in an ethical and safe manner.
If as hunters we continue to argue amongst ourselves what type of weapons we should or should not be using the only thing we do is create division among ourselves whcih then allows for those opposed to hunting to gain an even greater advantage against us. This will allow them to stop hunting little by little until we get to the point there is not hunting allowed anywhere.
When one looks at the retail money spent on more hunting access it will multiple many times over which in turn will give the hunting industry even more power in congress since each and every congressman needs money to have a campaign... unless you folks out there know of one that does not need any more campaign money?
In addition why are we arguing over minor differences in how to killthe animal... does it matter if we use a mattews compound bow, or if weuse a fred bear compound bow? What about aremingtonfirearmversus a savage or winchester firearm? What about the type of broadheads we use or even the type of ammo?
I can go on and on why we need to stop this stupid bickering over minor things and focus on what really needs to happen... Allow more access to hunting through as many means possible!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Default RE: Crossbows and hunting...

Your right! Convince them to allow the unlimited use of the CB and the hunting community will grow and the bickering will stop. Ohio has facts that what everyone thinks about the CB is a lie. If they would only put aside there selfishness the hunting community could grow from the use of a CB, But we all know that is what they do not want, more hunters in the woods shooting there deer! Plain and simple!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said 26.....As long as its Legal and ethical.....
Old 06-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

itto 26,very good post,think a lot of us feel the same way!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well done 26! You are as smart as us! LOL!