Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME >

OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

ORIGINAL: DJH -------

Swamp Collie - Just curious, what state do you live in?
I live in VA now. Just moved back up from SC in December. So last season all of my hauntings occured down there in the lowcountry. Got a right strong population down there. Densest herd in the country runs from Charleston, up through orangeburg then horizontal across the state and into Georgia dang near to Atlanta. In places, there are as many as 100 deer per square mile... its more like 60 down are where I was at. Our 1300 block was given 75 doe tags for the 7 or so of us that hunted there. Other than myself (32 punched), and two of my guests (3 punched)...only 6 of those got filled. Thats what I meant by pick'n up slack.

Best part about the move....it was right at the end of the SC deer season, and the ducks were just starting to show up back in good ol' VA. So I got to pillage that for a while.