Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM

Default PLEASE HELP!

I need as much information I can get on crossbows, I need to know if they shoot the same kind of arrowsout of a bow and what they are called, I would also like to know basic information about crossbows. THANKS!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PLEASE HELP!

The arrows are the same only shorter. Best advice I can give you is to go to as many xbow forums as you can and read the back pages. Excal and 10 pt both have excellent forums w/ lots of info. there's been a ton of stuff discussed here, you just have to look for what you personally want to know about, search functions are a big help. Good luck!!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the olden days the arrows fer CB's were called quarrels, then bolts and now arrows!Two types of CB's recurve and compound. Recurves are the easiest to maintain, are wider before cocking on limb set. If you want more answers ask ?'s specific to what you wish to know.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

What do you need the information for? If you can be more specific, we can give you more specific information.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Trevor is looking for a new means of hunting, he currently shoots a slingshot and apparently is pretty good at it! He is on summer holidays as he passes from grade 6 to grade 7.
Trevor, as mentioned before it would be a good idea to just start reading in as many crossbow forums as you can find, it is a terrific sport that like many others requires time, money and patience. The artof shooting a crossbow is a fast growing and rapidly changing sport, one that loves to see new faces.
Ask your questions, there are lots of answers here.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

We are glad to help you out Trevor. Just let us know what you want and what questions you have.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 PM

I only use slingshots for small game, and I was looking for an alternative to hunt deer because I'm not old enough to hunt deer with a rifle but I still hunt turkey, upland birds and dove with my 12ga. and hunt coyote and fox with my .270.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 PM

Can you please tell me the names of the basic parts on a crossbow? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stock, limbs, riser, rail, sights choice, from peep and pin, red dot, scope.
Choice of string on recurve, pulleys, axels, cables, cable guides, on compund type. recurves are lighter and wider, but allow you to do your own maintenance, while compunds are narrower, heavier and you usually need a bow monkey to service them. How's that for a start?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:29 AM

That's a vary good start! Now I just need to look up some info on all of those parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.