Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bipod for Xbow... >

Bipod for Xbow...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bipod for Xbow...

Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bipod for Xbow...

I'm looking to put a bipod on my Xbow...i figured it would help me when i'm in the blind hunting Turkeys....i want to attach it to the Bow threw the sling assembly...anyone know of aone or who can point me the way ??
Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bipod for Xbow...

can't help ya w/ a bipod, but since I'm semi handicapped and have to haul g blind, fat arse chair, decoys, ect, figured a tad more wouldn't matter on 4 wheeler. I took a common crutch and cut it down and installed a block of wood where shoulder gizmo used to be, complete w/ notch same width as rail on xbow. The crutch has several adj on bottom via ball velour feature so I can fine tune the height to match sitting in chair in blind. works great and make a fair cane while hobbling around!!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking of making a small plate to attach to the two tapped holes that Excalibur puts on the rail to attach the quiver mount. The plate would just mimic the bottom of every camera, the little hole that tri-pods screw into that is a worldwide standard.
A tri-pod can be had for under $20 a Wall Mart, but a good one should be able to support the weight of the whole bow. I just happen to have a Manfrotto with a liquid panning head from my photography phase, it would hold up a car and weighs nothing, even has a quick release for the mount..
My problem is thatI can't sit still long enough to bother mounting anything.. And by the way, moving around constantly doesn't exacly make for a productive day hunting, as you can tell by my lack of success stories.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I use Harris bipods on my varmit/target rifles and they attach to the forward sling stud, so does B square but I dont think either extends much more than a couple feet on their longest models, they're also fairly pricey...

Stoney point makes some good bipod rests and have models from around a foot in lengthto thoseyou can shoot from standing up, however as far as I know none of their models actually attach to the sling stud, the gun(or crossbow) just sits intheyoke at the top of the rest, they work just as good though, better even in some ways because you can swing the gun left or right without moving the whole bipod

they have a neat one out called "shooting sticks" I believe, they fold up to about a foot and, depending on the model, extends up to sitting or standing height, I've never used them though so I dont know how good or how steady they are
Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

OK Thanks fellers...i want to beable to hunt in the blind with it or while i'm sitting against a tree....hunting turkeys....i'm still looking.....Honkers
Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

You may want to look into a Steddy Eddy. Here it is on Didders Excal.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16102&highlight=steddy+eddy

TenPoint makes it and I think a couple guys here use it.

http://www.tenpointcrossbow.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=213