Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bipod

Old 09-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bipod

Should I get a bipod to put on my Weatherby .06 for hunting elk and mulies in Arizona?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bipod

no
Old 09-13-2005, 09:17 AM

Though I've never hunted them, I seem to agree with Vapodog. It just doesn't sound like a bipod kind of hunt to me.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:15 AM

skip the bipod and get a set of shooting sticks. they arejust as good and alot quicker to adjust when shooting.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

git da stix need a steady rest unless your that good . Most shots will be from kneeling or leaning agin a tree. heck maybe you dont need da stix , your pack can serve as a rest
Old 09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

although i have not tried them i see a new line of 3 and 4 pole shooting sticks. if your climbimg and doing alot of walking a set of shooting sticks that doubles as a walking stick will be handy. you will need to practice shooting off sticks. bi-pods are a bit heavy.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

When hunting in the mountains...or for that matter almost anywhere except africa (the thorns are really bad there and you can't use a tree for a rest) you can always find a rock or a tree or as previously mentioned a fanny pak or something to rest the rifle. If one does choose to take shooting sticks I recommend the stoney point set of two sticks....not three...just two sticks. This set is light and is carried on the belt and assembles easily for use. It's not a good walking stick however.

If you have a Weatherby rifle you can use that as a walking stick....if you have a winchester however you might choose not to stick the barrel in the ground ever step of the way.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

If you have a Weatherby rifle you can use that as a walking stick....if you have a winchester however you might choose not to stick the barrel in the ground ever step of the way.
Are you saying the Weatherby is reliable enough to do that, or do you mean it in a negative way?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dh4stretch3

ORIGINAL: Vapodog

Are you saying the Weatherby is reliable enough to do that, or do you mean it in a negative way?
Just a little campfire hunor there.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Oh ok. I didn't have a problem if you meant it in a negative way, I just value everyone's opinions and if you had something negative about the Vanguard, I'd like to hear about it before blowing 600 bucks on rifle and scope.

Quick Reply: Bipod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.