Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Bipod help.... >

Bipod help....

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bipod help....

Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bipod help....

Not sure if this is were the forum belongs but im looking for a good reasonably priced bipod for my new savage 300 mag its a model 110FP with the extra swivel stud for a bipod...

Any suggestion????

Thanks,

Dustin Warden

Also need a sling and a carrying case so its not laying loose in my truck when i take it places....

Appreciate all the help you guys give me....
Old 12-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bipod help....

I bought one of those Rock Mount bipods from Wal-Mart and I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Spike

I would suggest looking at sling stix. It's not a bi-pod you can really get down prone with but for hunting they work pretty well. The stix pop out quickly and are long enough to shoot sitting or kneeling and if you want to shoot standing they work pretty well sticking them in your wasteband. I picked up a set on sale for $29 just to try them out. The sling part works pretty well too.

http://www.slingstix.com/

If you want a bi-pod, I would recommend a harris with the swivel option.

As far as a case goes, just about any of the plastic ones with the egg crate foam will work to protect it. I like to use the gun socks. The foam in the cases will hold moisture if you leave your rifle in there too long. I've seen a beatuiful laminated Remington 700 turned to rust in just a couple days in one.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Harris....darn good quality
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Its just to travel from my house to dads and stuff like thats it will be kept in a safe most the time plus i oil my guns alot

As far as a case goes, just about any of the plastic ones with the egg crate foam will work to protect it. I like to use the gun socks. The foam in the cases will hold moisture if you leave your rifle in there too long. I've seen a beatuiful laminated Remington 700 turned to rust in just a couple days in one.
[/quote]
Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Another vote for the Harris with a swivel. I have one that I mounted on my Remington .300 WM, works amazing in all kinds of weather and terrain, it's quiet, extremely sturdy, and is great for sitting, kneeling, and if you are lookin over a down a hill you can lay down and it levels out pretty good.