Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stryker Crossbow Question >

Stryker Crossbow Question

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker Crossbow Question

Old 04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stryker Crossbow Question

Fellow I know slightly got one,you need wheels to move it[about 12 pounds!] he shot it 7 times and it blew up in peices lastI heard he sent it back and was trying to get his money back. Lee
Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I also forgot to add that I think if you go over to ArcheryTalk.com there were a few guys over there that had bought the bow and received one. If you gothere and do a search in the CB forum you may get more info on actual use and feedback.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

12 pounds?!? My ol' Barnett is looking better again. Much better!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the feedback. Is the 12lbs correct? That seems horrible. I'm going to give Bowtech a call in a little bit. Anything else I should tell him about?

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy of mine was looking to buy one also. He said the factory weight was 11 pounds. He did shoot it through a chronograph, and it registered 426 fps all 3 times he shot it. It does have a 3 dot scope as mentioned before, but I'm not sure what kind. Also as mentioned, it's a crank only to cock the string and is 175# of draw weight. He said it is a very long Xbow, probably 40 inches. He hasn't made up his mind about buying one yet. My advice was to go with one of the tried and true Xbow manufacturers, who have already proven their Xbows. Let us know what you decide!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I talk to him again he said the factory weight with out scope and mount was11# the scope and mount he has weight is a bit over a pound. You would not quite need a winch to pull it up in to a tree stand but it was heavy enough I had trouble holding it steady off hand,nothing wlse gives me that problem.Lee
Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lemoyne,

I've got heavy barreled rifles that don't weigh quite that much! Wow unbelievable.

Needless to say after I told the old man that info he passed. He is looking closely at the Excaliber right now.

Thanks to all who posted.

Tom
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot one, don't own one.
First to cock it you must crank the string holder (or whatever it's called ) down to the string. Once contact is made you lock a clip over the string and crank it back to a cocked position. This clip you locked on the string also holds it and fires it and it's all made into one piece on the chain drive. So no way to ever draw it by hand. Once cranked back and cocked there is nothing else to do or to remove off the string. The cocking mechanism is built into the stock/rail. You can insert the crank handle into either side.
The scope is pretty low quality from what I've heard. It's sighted and dead on. Shoots so fast that at 20-25 yds the shot and impact are one noise. It's not as loud as I expected for the FPS it's going. Little movement and shoots well.
A lot of blow up stories going around. The guy's one I shot has 100's of shots through it and no problems. So do others.
15-40 yds with about 2" or less drop overall. So 1 pin for deer hunting.
Would I buy one? Yep sure would. Is it overkill? Probably. Weighs a lot but handles and feels good to me. Looks well made and I'm sure the 2008 one will have some improvements. That's my first hand limited look at it if it helps.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

i'd steer clear of the stryker. if i had unlimited bucks i think i'd look into the 10 point top of the line. i'm happy with my exocet thank you very much.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard a few of the blow-up stories but not one has been documented or provedto my knowledge.
Especially, no pics to prove it !
I won't call anyone a liar without pics but I will considerany blow up report with a grain of salt without pics.
Seems like Bowtech bows, whether compound or crossbow, have lots of blow-up reports.
Virtually all of these reports are from people who shoot a rival brand, hear it from an unreliable source,or despise Bowtech !
No, I don't own a Stryker like shown in my Avatar but would like to.
After seeing what the Stryker can do, I wouldn't even consider another crossbow despite the 11lb weight.
I would rather have a Stryker that may blow upthat I could have fixed under warranty than another dog slow brand that never needs a repair !
Don't own any Bowtech compounds either as my Bowman Accu-Riser compounds are the finest ever made.
Btw, my Bowman compounds weigh 6 1/2 lbs. sans accessories so I'm used to a heavy bow.
Bring on the rain.

Sag.

Quick Reply: Stryker Crossbow Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.