Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stryker Crossbow Question >

Stryker Crossbow Question

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker Crossbow Question

Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stryker Crossbow Question

Hey guys,

I posted on suggestions for my buddies dad and he had done some research on his own and come up with the Bowtech Stryker.

Does anyone know anything about this crossbow other than it goes for some major $$$?

My buddies dad is fairly well to do so I don't think money is going to be the issue. So lets talk features.

Also let me ad that he has some major spine troubles that are keeping him from shooting a regular bow. Is this bow much harder to draw than a standard bow?

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stryker Crossbow Question

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Hey guys,

He had done some research on his own and come up with the Bowtech Stryker
Research? Does he have an Egyptian catalog?

Does anyone know anything about this crossbow other than it goes for some major $$$?
Yes, those are to expensive! Tell him to go with Excalibur, Ten Point or Horton!

So lets talk features.
Has Metal limbs!

Is this bow much harder to draw than a standard bow?
Most guys use a Jock Strap, Cup and Back Brace!

Stat, all joking aside, have him do more Research before he buys!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rebel,

Can you please provide some detail behind your strong stance?

Research for him was reading around the internet and talking to shop owners and what not. I'm sure that is about it.

As for price, like I said before money is not a pressing issue. He'll pick up whatever will suit him best.

Can anyone else provide some first hand experience?

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Stat,
You may want to look at the TenPoint for the Acudraw Crank. Ithas the lightest work load of any crossbow crank out there. Get to a shop that has a variety of bows and have him get touchy feely with them and find out what "fits" him.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't even know BowTech made a crossbow. Took a look at the website and DANG! Darn sure makes my Barnett Wildcat look like a booger on a doorknob. [:-]
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of the xbow people are not too thrilled w/ Stryker. For one thing, you supposedly cannot cock it by hand or the cams roll over. It's stats are 405 fps w/ 155 ft lbs of k.e. which is way overkill for hunting. The mfgr supplies a three dot red dot thats on at 20, 40 and 60yds. Most feel 60 yds is beyond ethical range for deer due to the possibilities of string jump. It's the first effort of Bowtech to get in on the xbow market and only time will tell on how well it does. Other established xbow mfgrs have some great track records on quality, durability, customer service, ect. I would think new entrys to the xbow market will be a little slow to catch on. In all fairness, while I personally don't care for this bow, others seem happy w/ them from what I've read. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Stryker
Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

It says it comes with a scope.Does anyone know the brand of the scope?

Tom
Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Hey guys,

I posted on suggestions for my buddies dad and he had done some research on his own and come up with the Bowtech Stryker.
You will get alot of mixed emotions on here about the Stryker. If he did Research on the internet he must of just used fasted CB on the market! LOL!!

My buddies dad is fairly well to do so I don't think money is going to be the issue. So lets talk features.
Thats the problem right now with the Stryker. Its too new, just came out for people to buy the first of the year, and then they went on back order right away. Only a few people have them so the reviews are few and short. This bow needs more time before we can understand it. If your buddies dad is OK with being part of a trail then OK but he should wait before buying this one IMO.

Also let me ad that he has some major spine troubles that are keeping him from shooting a regular bow. Is this bow much harder to draw than a standard bow?

Thanks

Tom
As Dan said you have to use the built in cocker to get it back. This is a beast of a CB and the jock strap was meant as a joke, but it really is the truth. I am not saying the Stryker is bad or junks, but it is there first attempt at a CB and that would make me unsure for the first year or two. Tell him to look at Excal's or Horton's top end CB's. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Spike

I never got to shot the Striker but I was in my local pro shop and they had one on display. I had a chance to get a fell for it.
One Thing I have to tell you… it is HEAVY.
I can not see my self walking around the woods with this WEAPON (and I am a fairly young person).
The thing has a chain in the rail as a calking device.

Quick Reply: Stryker Crossbow Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.