Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur magtip >

Excalibur magtip

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur magtip

Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Excalibur magtip

Hi guys, can anybody post a picture of a Excalibur magtip? My Vixen came today and I'm not sure what tip it has. Also it's soppose to have a 1 inch brace hight and this has 2 inch, I'm hoping its a new string, it looks new but I really can't tell.
Thanks
Joe
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur magtip

Joey, no pictures are needed. Do the limb tips have a molded plastic end or can you see fiber glass carved to accept the stings? If you've just put on the string then shoot it and the string will stretch after ten or twenty shots. One inch is the lowest brace height. You should want a bit more than an inch. Maybe an 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" or so.
If in doubt why don't you post a pic of your limbs?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's a picture of limbs with Magtips that Digger posted on another Forum!

Old 02-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, thats what I have.
Joe
Old 02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Mag tips will allow you to shoot any of the strings made for the excalibur, including the fast flight. I kind of figured you had mag tips because if they were carved tips, you would instantly understand the "Carved Tips" on the limbs.

Good luck and enjoy your bow.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I was almost sure they were magtips, I know they look nothing like the tip on the recurve I had. Now if I could figure out what string is on my bow. Right now the bow is strung and the string is 1 1/4 inch pass the brace height mark on the rail. The string that’s on there is 32 3/4" long that’s not counting the loop, that’s just the string, I'm not counting the loop because its around the tip. The string is all black and maybe twice the diameter of a compound bow string, other wise it looks like a regular bow string. I don't want to shoot it till I'm sure its ready to shoot. This is the kind of stuff that makes me nuts, way do they even make 3 different strings?
[/align]Thanks
[/align]Joe
[/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, I'm really stumped here, I took the string off and it's like 35 1/4 now I just foundthis site that said, Excalibur Dacron String Standard 35.4" (For use with older Limb Design with carved limb tips only)
Now I'm really confused, do you think the wrong string is on my bow?[/align]Thanks[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: joeyd50

Guys, I'm really stumped here, I took the string off and it's like 35 1/4 now I just foundthis site that said, Excalibur Dacron String Standard 35.4" (For use with older Limb Design with carved limb tips only)
Now I'm really confused, do you think the wrong string is on my bow?
[/align]Thanks
[/align] Joe
[/align]

Strings & Silencers

1) FLEMISH FAST FLIGHT string combines modern materials with traditional time proven design for the utmost in performance and durability. For use only on Excalibur Crossbows with "Magtip" moulded limb tips.
1989 MSRP: $23.00 US $25.00 CDN
[hr]

2) EXCEL STRINGS are machine made to achieve high arrow velocities wtih maximum reliablity. This string comes standard with all of our models. For use only with Excalibur Crossbows with "Magtip" moulded limb tips.
1994 MSRP: $20.00 US $22.00 CDN
[hr]

3) STANDARD STRINGS are made for use with pre- 2001 Carved Tip Excalibur Crossbows with tough dacron and served with abrasion resistant Fast Flight material to give long service and maximum velocities.
2010 MSRP: $22.00 US $23.00 CDN

Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

The Dacron can be used with carved tip (you don't have carved tip) or Mag tips (you have mag tips) The other strings are made for use exclusively with mag tips. You string length is adjustable, just twist it tighter to make it shorter.
Brace height is adjustable, there is no right or wrong. Keep it between the indicator lines and you will be fine.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

The Dacron can be used with carved tip (you don't have carved tip) or Mag tips (you have mag tips) The other strings are made for use exclusively with mag tips. You string length is adjustable, just twist it tighter to make it shorter.
Hey David, go over that again? Now you're confusing me!

Quick Reply: Excalibur magtip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.