Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur magtip >

Excalibur magtip

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur magtip

Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Excalibur mag tip

David, very well laid outand educational. Yes, I do follow your explanations very good! Thanks

As to working withcords and line, I replace fishing rod line guides and make my own Deep sea Rods fromsolid Black Glass Blanks. Years ago (30yrs) I use to make my own Cast Nets out of Nylon Line, now they make themwithMonofilament.

Now I will research and listen to you guys and learn about X-bow strings!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

David, very well laid outand educational. Yes, I do follow your explanations very good! Thanks
Phew, and I thought it was just the beer!

I have to give credit where credit is due, Awshucks spent many frustrating days driving this into me.. It took me a while to grasp.

DNK provided some strings (artwork) that made it all fall into place..

OK, I'll admit it, I have an unhealthy fascination with crossbow strings.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Phew, and I thought it was just the beer!

I have to give credit where credit is due, Awshucks spent many frustrating days driving this into me.. It took me a while to grasp.

DNK provided some strings (artwork) that made it all fall into place..

OK, I'll admit it, I have an unhealthy fascination with crossbow strings.
LOL! You're not the only one David! I understand how you feel. It's more of an obsession! HELP ME!!!!!!!
All kidding aside, well done David!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:58 PM

I think when Dan gets back he is going to be proud of you guys! I hate to say this, but for the first time the lite bulb came on for me with you guys and all your strings! This was a great post and another to add to the favorites. The only bad part I can see is I will have no questions to ask come this July! [:-]
Old 06-16-2007, 11:24 PM

Just bumping this back to the top for me and ranger. Hope Don gets in here, I will have a order in a few Days! LOL!! Once again, great way of explaining it Dave!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You've done well, grasshopper!! lol. Seriously, great job on explaining the strings. There used to be four!

Basically, a dacron string and stock Excal arrows gives the same fps as a FFF and heavier "Miller" arrows [431 gr]

I've talked w/ Danny more than a little, and one of the things he's told me is for competition shooting he uses the FFF on a Vixen or Phoenix.

Alot of new guys get concerned when their new dacron strings w/o hardly any twists start out well above the "high" brace height line. Nothing you can do but shoot them in, so to speak. I set all my new FFF's about 3/8 to 1/2" above that line as they stretch like crazy.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang y'all be hitting on all cylinders, go fer it!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow..This string stuff is going too drive me nuts...I think I will be happy with what the Vortex comes with for now.....I should have it by FRIDAY...

Iam trying to post Pics but this new Windows Vista isnt working for me,cant get the pics small enough to load onto a post.....tried the resize thing but still to big.....Anyone have Vista ?.....
Old 06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason and James, send an email to [email protected] and we'll talk about colors and material. You both need good strings real bad!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get'em Don! He is best string maker around friends!

Quick Reply: Excalibur magtip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.