Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Well it's over!  Whats the score? >

Well it's over! Whats the score?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Well it's over! Whats the score?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Well it's over! Whats the score?

Well I have decided that my hunting is done. Sunday is the last day for Ohio deer and today is my last chance to go out, but I think I am going to go skiing instead.[] But was just curious since I think everyone's season is almost done on how they did. I had three things working against me this year. First off was my best hunting investment I made to date, a Cuddeback game cam. Had alot of pics of nice deer and snapped a bunch of a real nice tall nine pointer. Had I not seen him on the game cam pics, I never would have passed on the nice eight that I had under my stand twice. But I had already taken three eights off this property so I wanted to do better. I took my dad out alot this year, which was another reason I passed on the eight and six, the more I kill, the less he has a chance at, not blaming him, just wanted him to really geta deer. Lastly was trying to please a land owner to much! I had the spot where I had the game cam set up and that guy puts alot of pressure on me to kill does, he's a big farmer and hates deer with a passion. On the swamp spot I had does in front of me three times, but did not shoot cause I wanted to "satisfy" the other land owner. Will never do that again. So in short I could have shot a six pointer once, an eight pointer twice, and three different does, I have never looked back and shook my head so hard! So lets here everyones score card, or your sorry excuses like mine!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well it's over! Whats the score?

I had a unlimited in town tag this year boy is that nice took 6 they made it a condition you had to kill doe first and some of my friends that let me hunt ask me to kill does that were tearing up their gardens so I have 5 does and 2 bucks taht ended middle of Nov. so far still have 1 state tag there is a 12 pointer that has been playing games with me last year and this year got a new exocet and am willing to try it out if he would cooperate. Lee
Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Well it's over! Whats the score?

the spot i hunt i didnt get serious about untill the early birds came and went. so i didnt spend much time in the stand untill november, by then there were only does to be seen and of course me holdeth out for a buck. well i have a buddy stand that i share time with the son or my better half who really doesent want to see a deer get shot but loves to be out doors. so at least i got somthing out of the season even if i couldnt fill a tag. better luck next year i guess ( by the way my son was hunting on a youth apprentice licence, one of the smartest things Ohio has done for kids. he is 9 )