Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New Stryker a Heavy Weight >

New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Old 10-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Stryker a Heavy Weight

I'm quiet occupied casting my own arrows out of concrete. When my xbowarrives I'll be ready! They are cheap and disposable. What's your problem guys?
Old 10-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someguy told me the Stryker was designed to be mounted on a turet. He might have been kidding.He also said you can get someone to carry it for you and just hand it over at the moment of truth..>>>Whack!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

You know, Jason, 10 pt, Parker,Horton all make quality products and they're not going in this direction ought to say volumes. At least if it was a 10 pt you would know it was going to stay together.
May be true, but if ya do the math on a 10 point price based on speed that new stryker would cost around two grand, ouch!!

EDIT: Did a search and found a place taking orders, 1700 bucks!!! here is there link.. http://www.bassandbucks.com/custom.asp?id=11494&page=22
Old 10-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

well guys weather we like it or not or agree with it or not this bow is coming out and there will be more to follow touting faster and faster speeds and more KE, the Middelton crossbow which is out but have yet to hear from anyone that has bought one touted speeds of 375,
and the Max shoots what in excess of 355 fps so this new heavyweight is not all that much faster or more powerful, even in the compound field the bows are getting faster and faster every year, and from what I have seen BowTech seams to be the leader in the speed market with the Allegiance touting speeds of 335.. so for them to jump into the crossbow market with the Stryker and being able to make that claim of producing the fastest crossbow on the market does not surprise me, and I am sure they will get many many orders for them I just hope the have reserched enough to put out a quality product that will hold togather over time,and is safe..and accurate..cars boats trucks planes whatever some want the fastest they can get.. and will try to tweek them to make them even faster same with bows and crossbows. look at what has happened with guns even when I was a kid you never herd of anyone making a 300 yard shot with a muzzleloader, so as stated weather we like it or not faster crossbows will be coming..
Old 10-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Henry ya got some good points there. Fwiw, I think the Emax is the least desireable of all the Excals. It's flat out a 225 lb monster that most people can't cock w/o a rope cocker or cranker. The Middleton is just an Excal clone, looked to me like they just upped the monster a few fps to get the speed freak market.I wonder how many people will buyMiddletons from a new company when they could get an Excal from a nearly 25 yr old company w/ established rep? As you know, I have an Emax, and I'm getting about 100 ft lbs of k.e. To increase that by 50% really makes me think. One of those thoughts is that they are working toward a result that removes trajectory to 50 yds or so. Another is the bozo's that are going to take way unethical shots w/ their 11 lb $1700 powerhouses. Another thought is the guy that lives in Timbuktu that would like to see the xbow legalized in his state just got another hoop to jump thru. Seems to me like most of the guys on here have stuff shooting from about 275 fps to about 340 fps and are tickled pink w/ their equipment regardless of mfgr. I'll bet not one of them goes this route because they know they don't need what this bow has. Just my $.002 worth.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Bottom line for me is that I have arrows that are over 15 years old so I like arrows to last more than a couple of shots. If this behemoth is he11 on arrows, I'm not even interested.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys all I am saying here is that weather we like or agree with it faster more powerful bows are on their way,, and nogthing we say is going to change that..

Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM

Crossbows seem to be going through the same trend compounds did in the 90's. It was speed, speed, and more speed. Did not matter how shooter friendly the bow was, it had to be fast. Nowadays, speed still important, but shootability and reducing wear and tear on equipment is just as critical. I predict the Stryker will have it's day in the sun for a season or two and then will fade into oblivion. The only thing this bow's got going for it, is it's speed rating.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I concur with Doegirl! So y'all just drop the subject of that nasty Bow and we won't deal with it anymore![&o]
Old 10-31-2006, 07:26 AM

Here is my review I posted on the Excal forums......

In case yall missed it on the other thread, I have seen and held this xbow......

We had a Bowtech rep at the Bows and Does hunt this past weekend. She brought along a prototype of the Stryker. It is a most impressive looking xbow, but does have a few things one would want to consider before shelling out that kind of cash.

First off, the price....need I say more??

Second...this xbow is VERY HEAVY!!!!! I thought my Horton was heavy!!! If you pack a climbing stand, this xbow, and all your other gear very far, you BETTER be in good shape!!!!! You are going to need a rest for this xbow!! There is NO WAY a disabled shooter, like myself, or anyone who moved on to a xbow because of shoulder problems, will be able to hold this xbow up long enough for something to get in range.

Third.....and probably the most important...this xbow shoots 450fps!! The arrows on the market right now are not going to work with this xbow. They are to light!! Sooo....you'll need a heavier arrow, thus losing any real advantage of having a xbow that'll shoot 450fps.

I feel it only fair to point out something good about this xbow. It has a really cool hand grip thingy on it, so you CAN NOT chop off your fingers during discharge. This is not an issue for me, but it was a plus for the Stryker.

I TOTALLY forgot to mention the internal cocking system built inside the xbow. If it breaks, I'm pretty sure you'll own a $1600 paper weight.