Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New Stryker a Heavy Weight >

New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Old 10-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Weighs 11 lbs!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Stryker a Heavy Weight

If I have to carry an 11 lb tool in the woods it'll be a 375 H&H! Ain't gonna sweat carrying a xbow that's twice the weight of my bow thats for sure.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Where did you read that?
Randy
Old 10-27-2006, 09:33 AM

WOW.....thays twice my body weight ( but I lie alot).
BOB
Old 10-27-2006, 10:01 AM

Holy smoke! I thought my 7.4 was bad!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Randy: Stacey got to see/hold one at a function called Does and Dolls or something like that. It was a hunt for women, wait, change that to a hunt by women, lol. Think Tenn Deer or AT or..... can't remember, but there was a lady facory rep there. It has a self cocking mech that is chain!! there is nothing new on Strykers sight, from what I've been told, I haven't been there since I found out you gotta drag your cursor around playing hide and go seek for info. I think she also said they have more orders than they can fill, probably hype from rep, lol. Hope the new owners save the shipping cartons for awhile, lol.

OOOPS: Right forum, [Tenn Deer] wrong author. It was "bowriter that shot it and made the post. See below if it copies ok.

16 Point
Member # 2167

posted

document.writeln(timestamp(new Date(2006,9,27,4,36,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0));

10-27-2006 04:36 AM

[hr]
I shot the Stryker. Here is my view after shooting the prototype. Yes, it is as fast as they claim. One pin 0-40 yards and it seemed to be consistent. However it it is he11 on arrows.

It has a long power stroke requiring longer arrows and is heavy at 11 pounds. It will require a rest of some sort to shoot with any accuracy. It has a chain type internal cocking mechanism that adds weight and I feel could use a little more design thought on the forearm, safety position and grip. But it is just as fast as they say.

Bowtechs Margaret Krupp demostrates the new crossbow. They will be ont he market in Nov. and already demand exceeds supply.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks
Hope the new owners save the shipping cartons for awhile, lol.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

You two timer!!!

September 14th, 2006, 11:05 AM [/align]

awshucks
vbmenu_register("postmenu_3211962", true);
[/align]Registered User[/align]

Join Date: Mar 2006[/align]Location: mtns. Arkansas[/align]Posts: 101 [/align][/align][/align]

I seriously doubt it's going to turn any world upside down. The majority of there sales will be to people that have no idea what problems that speed and k.e. are going to be like. Figure one shot per arrow to start with. Come up w/ a new target that will stop those arrows and get in on the wealth, lol. Notice there's no info on what pound pull this beast is?? I'm betting the re-sale value on them will be pretty cheap in a short period of time, lol. Have fun![/align]__________________
Illigitimus non Carborundum!!! [/align]
Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 PM

I cant wait to see the first guinea pig post on here that buys one of them things!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

I cant wait to see the first guinea pig post on here that buys one of them things!
I can! I think it's gonna be bad on arrow and targets, and feel it's gonna be bad for the sport and advancement of xbows acceptance.I can't help but think they are really pushing the envelope. If one of the major CROSSBOW companies would have brought this thing out, it might be a little different. You know, Jason, 10 pt, Parker,Horton all make quality products and they're not going in this direction ought to say volumes. At least if it was a 10 pt you would know it was going to stay together.

I'm all for innovative new products and competition between companies. If it wasn't that way, we would all be shooting Whammos til we knocked ourselves off, lol. Btw: If ya'll come across one of those old Whammos, either hang it on a wall or give it to your ex-wife.

Quick Reply: New Stryker a Heavy Weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.