Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:11 PM

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Went out this Am after work. Had a nice big Doe and a fawn come in. That fawn must have been late or something cause that little guy looked like he would only weigh fifty pounds! It was nice, they got within ten yards for a while but then me or dad must have moved because the doe started to give us the stare down and head bob. She never stomped or anything but worked her way out kinda soon.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:57 PM

Went out for the evening hunt and had a good time. Had the small six pointer come out after I rattled. Worked a scrape and then headed my way. He made it to the corner of the woods and froze in his tracks looking away. I looked down the edge of the woods and dad had a nice eight pointer not twenty yards beside him but slightly behind him. As soon as dad seen the deer and reached for his bow the deer was gone! He has to learn to masterthe twenty yard game but its all good! Also had three does come out too but they were too far away for a shot. The rut must also not be getting going either because the bucks had to see them and they did not pay them any attention.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I fought off 492 durn skeeters, was 68 degrees muggy and then i got p'd on fer an hour. I was abit bent out of shape with the weatherman, i would have hung him, shot him and then burned him! Didn't see nutten![:@]
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM

Went out for a am hunt this morning. I love hunting when its bitter cold, yet the sun hits ya and warms up your face and whatever else its hitting. Seen a doe and two fawns. One fawn came to about fifty yards but that was it. Momma doe was on a mission so they trotted off to the bedding woods. Will go try swamp this weekend, have to work tonight and Thursday.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Went out for a am hunt this morning. I love hunting when its bitter cold, yet the sun hits ya and warms up your face and whatever else its hitting. Seen a doe and two fawns. One fawn came to about fifty yards but that was it. Momma doe was on a mission so they trotted off to the bedding woods. Will go try swamp this weekend, have to work tonight and Thursday.
You bugger! You are getting out way more than me or anyoe else here!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and this evening, saw squirrels and birds. Misting rain low 50's and 35 to 40 mph winds! ain't saw a deer in over a week. Haven't saw any fresh tracks on the 65 acres either.[&o]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee if it weren't fer bad luck i wouldn't have any luck at all! This lousy wind coming out of the e and se, gusting up to 40 mph. It gets crisy cold and my Boss always calls me fer transport runs. Didn't see anything yesterday and had those runs today.[&o]
Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I fought off 492 durn skeeters, was 68 degrees muggy and then i got p'd on fer an hour. I was abit bent out of shape with the weatherman, i would have hung him, shot him and then burned him! Didn't see nutten![:@]
Great post. Been there and dune that. Not too fun. I bet you felt like you were at the blood bank giving blood with those darn skeeters huh? Sometimes I wonder if enought bite me at the same time that I will become faint do to lack of blood flow to the head. Or maybe enough will bite me that they start carring me off.....LOL.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

You bugger! You are getting out way more than me or anyoe else here!
Well I work a swing shift so one week I have to work five twelve hour days and get two days off which is Wednesday and Thursday. Then the next week I only work two twelve hour days and get five off, only work Wednesday and Thursday. So depending on the week it is I can get out alot. And then when I am on night shift somestimes I go out after work for a short while or before work. I switch from nights to days every two weeks.

But I went out and bought another doghouse blind from wal-mart and set it up close to the swamp trails, found a close spot where I think I can sneak in quietly. Am going out in the morning if I can make it out of bed! Going from thirds to days sucks!

Old 11-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tommorow has not even come yet but it already feels good. Gonna be colder than my wifes heart and the deer should be on the move. The wind is only going to be a breeze so I am looking forward toa fine day. Geez I just don't know how you guys get out so much. I leave for work in the dark and I get home in the dark.Work Sucks... I actually took nextMonday off. I lied thru my teeth and told them I had a Colonoscopy scheduled. How could they say no. I feel a little guilty but I am gonna get over it.

I am gonna lower my standards a bit and only shoot it if it's brown. Small buck or doe I am gonna whack it...

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.