Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!! >

It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Default It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

Well the big brown santa came today while at work and left his joy on my steps!!! I cant shoot until wednesday but I can sure slober on it until then! Two of the most beautiful things I have seen together lately! Thanks again to all my excal friends for helping me out!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

Looks just like the vari-zone on my horton. But I have the Legend HD 175. I could not be happier with the v-zone. It shoots better than the operator.

Now do we call them Horcalibers or exhortons?

Mitch
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 PM

The supermax 175 accepted her like a glove! cant wait to shoot her!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I hope you don't get affected by toxic shooter's build up!
I sent you a PM
Old 09-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: I'm guessing here, but are you aware of the problems some of the Horton crowd are having putting xbow scopes or multiple aim point red dots on their bows? The dial a range gizmo can cause problems if it moves on ya. Some have epoxied it in one position, which is kinda too permanent for my tastes, and I've never seen one up close, but was wondering if a small set screw drilled and tapped on the edge of adj knob extending into a small, shallow, but slightly larger [clearance] hole under knob wouldn't work well?? Once you try that V-zone that dial gizmo will be history anyhow, lol. Just remember, once you get it dead on at 20, don't use the W & E adjustments anymore, just the speed ring. After you are all done w/ speed ring, you may need 1 or 2 clicks at 30 or 40 on windage. One thing about the V-zone I'm not fond of is that each click is 1/2" at 20 yds, and alot more than you'ld think at 30 and 40. Let us know!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup that epoxying of the scope mounts is apparently very common. The kiss principle again.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I got an Erroneous Erection when I saw it!

Looking good, Jason!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I got an Erroneous Erection when I saw it!

Looking good, Jason!
Too funny Reb!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Hotburn: I'm guessing here, but are you aware of the problems some of the Horton crowd are having putting xbow scopes or multiple aim point red dots on their bows? The dial a range gizmo can cause problems if it moves on ya. Some have epoxied it in one position, which is kinda too permanent for my tastes, and I've never seen one up close, but was wondering if a small set screw drilled and tapped on the edge of adj knob extending into a small, shallow, but slightly larger [clearance] hole under knob wouldn't work well?? Once you try that V-zone that dial gizmo will be history anyhow, lol. Just remember, once you get it dead on at 20, don't use the W & E adjustments anymore, just the speed ring. After you are all done w/ speed ring, you may need 1 or 2 clicks at 30 or 40 on windage. One thing about the V-zone I'm not fond of is that each click is 1/2" at 20 yds, and alot more than you'ld think at 30 and 40. Let us know!!
i hear more people having trouble with dial a range.when they are pulling the string back,it moves.you have to check it. other problem ,well not problem if you only use 20 yd line on scope. sight you bow in usingONLY 20 yd line.forget others.this should put you a little high at 10 and little low at 30. i saw and heard of more deer missed and wounded because of using the wrong line for distance shot.BE SMART,use only 20 yard line in scope. been there doing this for 50 years.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the replys guys I cant wait till after work, I only have to go in for eight so I should have time when I get home. I first heard of the problem with the dial a range on here. I never really had probles with mine. The scope base has a pretty good spring on it and the dial has flat spots on it so I have never had a problem with it moving on its own with mine. The only problem I ever had was with the hinge bolt that it pivots on. It is the allen bolt just above where is says fire for the safety. Mine keep coming loose on me, but I just took it out and gave it a shot of blue loctite and never had any problems with it after that. I always thought that it worked I just didnt like having to remember to turn it up and down and since it is not precise like I hope the varizone is i did not like having to remember that the three click is good for thirty but just aim a tad low and such. I want the scope to be nuts on and not have to worry about that stuff. Thanks again and will give you guys an update tomorrow.

Quick Reply: It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.