HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It's a beautiful thing I tell ya!!

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Hotburn: I'm guessing here, but are you aware of the problems some of the Horton crowd are having putting xbow scopes or multiple aim point red dots on their bows? The dial a range gizmo can cause problems if it moves on ya. Some have epoxied it in one position, which is kinda too permanent for my tastes, and I've never seen one up close, but was wondering if a small set screw drilled and tapped on the edge of adj knob extending into a small, shallow, but slightly larger [clearance] hole under knob wouldn't work well?? Once you try that V-zone that dial gizmo will be history anyhow, lol. Just remember, once you get it dead on at 20, don't use the W & E adjustments anymore, just the speed ring. After you are all done w/ speed ring, you may need 1 or 2 clicks at 30 or 40 on windage. One thing about the V-zone I'm not fond of is that each click is 1/2" at 20 yds, and alot more than you'ld think at 30 and 40. Let us know!!
i hear more people having trouble with dial a range.when they are pulling the string back,it moves.you have to check it. other problem ,well not problem if you only use 20 yd line on scope. sight you bow in usingONLY 20 yd line.forget others.this should put you a little high at 10 and little low at 30. i saw and heard of more deer missed and wounded because of using the wrong line for distance shot.BE SMART,use only 20 yard line in scope. been there doing this for 50 years.