Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stryker Crossbow >

Stryker Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker Crossbow

Old 08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stryker Crossbow

Dnk: lol, I think we just got dinged! how's your grain of a brain today?

Jay: Be sure and let us know when you finally can shoot a pencil thru a
telephone pole!! hope you are feeling better!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I'm so accustomed to being dinged by that lunie that I thought it was a compliment! LOL! If thats the best he can do, he's real sick! I'll have to re-phrase that. You can tell how well Jay's feeling by how big of a bite he took out of our butts. Is that all you have? I am expecting more!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jaygail7

Forgot to mention,,,no mention of maker of Stryker-xbow(in Archery Business Mag), if it is Bowtech I would not buy one...Remember Bowtech, if I am not mistaken, was a company named Oregon which left the Archery industry with quite a few people upset with them including myself....
Ahhhhhhh............. Oregon Bows. Had 2 of those myself. Yes I know glutton for punishment. While you're at it another OreGone Bow company person who went to Bowtech left and started Elite Bows. Kevin Struther. Seems Elite and BT are going at it. Kevin, they claim stole.....errrrr......... I mean borrowed the designs when he left BT. They had a court date, love it when old friends get back together. BT won more or less. They can't use the binary cams and the risers can't be within 3 degrees of the same limb angle. A lot wondering what Elite will do this fall. The order was effective 9/302006 or something like that.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oregon Bows and BowTech are two very different companies that share no ties.

Please see the link below for the truth about the history of BowTech and how/where it got it's start.

http://www.fastestbows.com/articles/guest/taking_aim_bowtech.htm
Old 09-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow Tech Shooter: Thanks for the info, that was a very informative post. I'm still not sure if the "Stryker" xbow is a Bow-Tech product or not, but have some thoughts to share. They will no doubt appeal to the newer xbowers and the speed freaks. I doubt very seriously if any of the long time xbowers are going to buy their bow. For one thing, there is no need for that much speed and k.e. They may flatten the trajectory a bit, but will not increase the effective range much, if any. Bill Troubridge, co-owner and co-developer of Excal xbows shot an elephant not too long ago w/ a 900 gr arrow at about 250 fps w/ about 250 ft lbs of ke and dang near got a pass thru, except for hitting off side leg bone. This was w/ a stock "Emax" which is one of the bows I own. Granted, it is a tack driving monster,but is not at all nearly as pleasant to shoot as other Excals.

Another down side to all of this speed and k.e. will be the inevitable claims that it is an unfair advantage over a vert compound, which it may or may not be, but since it's performance is totally un-needed IMHO, a moot point. We have followers of every major brand on this forum, one of the main players is Horton, which has been around forever and has done much to further the xbow movement, and I seriously doubt if any of those guys will get off of $6-700 bucks for the difference. I do understand progress and better ideas, but have to think when is enough enough. Regards to all, and staight arrows to ya, this is just my view from the cheap seats.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

ok heres my take if the spped and kenetic energy keep going up we will eventuslly get to the point where arrows will crush thru bone and drop deer in their tracks..
Old 09-04-2006, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

We have followers of every major brand on this forum, one of the main players is Horton, which has been around forever and has done much to further the xbow movement, and I seriously doubt if any of those guys will get off of $6-700 bucks for the difference. I do understand progress and better ideas, but have to think when is enough enough. Regards to all, and staight arrows to ya, this is just my view from the cheap seats.
Well said good buddy!! If I decide to lay down some bucks they will probally be going north of the border