Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Anyone know about the Stryker? >

Anyone know about the Stryker?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Anyone know about the Stryker?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Anyone know about the Stryker?

I'm looking to get a really good crossbow. I'm thinking about getting a good crossbow. This one looks pretty incredible, does anyone know about how its durability compares to other brands? I've heard that its only good for 400 shots. Which would pretty much rule out long practice sessions.

Anyone had a chance to use it?

Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone know about the Stryker?

They got mixed reviews on the first one. They have a new one coming out in July. At least that is the word. Looks like they made some improvements.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Have not shot one and have only had info from sites like these on them. Some people are saying they are breaking too soon. Others are saying they are just fine, who knows? Maybe the people that are having problems are the ones out shooting the thing everyday and the ones that have not had problems are shelf sitters? Who knows? But I have heard of the new CB Randy is talking about and heard they are scaling it back alot. If that is true then the first CB must be having problems IMO. Blow on the dice and roll them on the table, buy one and let us know how it goes. Only one guy I know of on here that has bought one and he is laid up from surgery I think.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

There were some reports of the Stryker breaking when it first came out. Not sure if it was a user problem or product problem. Their second xbow out is to compete with the Phantom. Smaller profile and price as well. There are several on another forum who have shot the Stryker almost daily and have had zero problems. I shot it one time and it was pretty impressive. Some things about I don't like and others that are great. If it weighed less, could be cocked by hand or rope, and slightly smaller overall it would pretty much be perfect. They got part of that right with the second generation one. The good thing is they are making changes and putting new ideas into production. That's good for all xbow hunters as it's got to affect the other manufacturers.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stryker CB is fer shooting Vampires! Excals are Dragon slayers take yer choice!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:56 PM

I laughed when I got a flyer in the mail offering a package deal on one of these for @$1,6000. The wife laughed too. Then I shot one of these at Arundel Mills Saturday and was mightily impressed. I have to use a windless to cock my crossbow because of old hand injuries and the Stryker has the slickest system I've ever seen. No dangling strings. It uses a quiet, built in sprocket chain and a detachable crank that goes into your pocket after use. It also has a trigger as light and crisp as a good rifle. I immediately shot it better off hand than I can the crossbow I've been hunting with for years. The power is stunning. I believe if I could loosen the grip on my wallet the Stryker might even extend my effective range to 60 yrds for whitetail or black bear. ...But, I'm no crossbow expert and I'd really be interested in the impressions of you experienced crossbow guys.

--------------------
Sei wach!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Give me a little more time and I'll voice an opinion. I bought one earlier this year. Had shoulder surgery and can't quite use it enough yet. I shot one arrow when I picked it up. It was smooth and impressive.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: holzauge
....the Stryker might even extend my effective range to 60 yrds for whitetail or black bear. ...But, I'm no crossbow expert and I'd really be interested in the impressions of you experienced crossbow guys.
Sixty yards IMO is plain irresponsible, You will more than likely have string jump at that range. It is also to new to tell how it will pan out. I have heard that Bow Tech is all ready scaling it back for its 2008 model.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

They made one to compete with the Phantom. Price is a lot lower, still in the 350 fps range but more compact and less weight. They took out the chain drive cocking and it's by hand or rope cocker only.
$899 price range.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Before one claims another irresponsible one should have enough information to make it stick. The three dot scope supplied with the Stryker comes preset at 20/40/60 yards. The left over kinetic energy out that far still exceeds many other crossbows and compound bows within their effective zone.

While I have a problem with the company, what little I saw with two shots and the comments by the range/shop owner after those same two shots. He didn't believe what he saw and how hard it was to pull out the arrow. He had to get a special puller to get it out.

Let's wait to see what the truth is and see how things shake out.

Quick Reply: Anyone know about the Stryker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.