Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Wheels

Old 07-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wheels

Well, slow night, might as well fess up now. Since Htoler has joined the ranks of Excal shooters, I got me a wheel bow!! Yep, I soon be shooting my new, narrow, COMPOUND xbow. I bought a Paradox from a guy in Canada on another forum. Was gonna get a 10 pt. but this deal came up and since it's an Excal lol lol couldn't refuse. Lay it on me, got big shoulders and can take it as well as I give it!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Wheels

ashucks,,,I think you will like it, I like mine, hope those limbs do not "scare" you when it is cocked. And remember it is an Excalibur(some of it) and it does not have the 42 safeties that are on the Ten-Point, so please do not shoot yourself in any "vital spots"LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm, ahhhhhhh, welllllll donno, just donno! Ya beat me to it Dan.
Donno if I would buy a Paradox but it would be a good choice. Is there still support if you need it? Supposed to be an awsome machine. I hope we are going to get reports on performance and accuracy and how you like your narrow bow.
PS. good for you Dan!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: I got it from a well respected guy on another forum, let's call him Jeffrey Dahmer, cause he got me for an arm and a leg lol. He told me that Excal had told him they would have spare parts for his lifetime. They only made them 2001-2004 according to my Excal toting pal Htoler, and I figure if I don't care for it, there will always be some market. It's supposed to be getting 330 fps w/ my 431 gr arrows, about the same as my tamed down Emax. That's a scary thought! Jay has some experience w/ them and soothed my nerves w/ "Don't let the cocked limbs scare ya" lol, some pal, huh? It's got a Mark Heneger thumbhole stock and some weird looking vibration dampener, comes back off of the front toward the forearm. It' coming from your neck of the woods, I'll post a picture if and when I get it.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Dan aint this somthin you got wheels and I got wings.. LOL I think you will have fun with it,, from what I have herd they are an awsome crossbow, let us know what you think of it..
Old 07-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well now shuckydarn, what go's round comes round! Let us all knowed about it when it shows up.[:-]