Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Loud crossbow .

Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Loud crossbow .

Just wondering if you guys and gals have used somthing special (as a silencer). I saw that I may have to find somebody with a crossbow press to put in string silencers ? Any info on making my crossbow a little quiter would be very helpfull . Anybody use both Limbsavers and Horton silencing kits ? I have a Horton 150 lb . ,,, need to make it shoot a little more quite . Thanks for your info .
Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Loud crossbow .

I have a 150# Barnett Ranger and a 180# no namer , I use cat whiskers on both , bow press not needed . I experimented with String Leeches(flew off) , Limb Savers(no noticeable effect) , and the Sims crossbow kit , none worked better than the simple cat whiskers . BTW , if the deer has time to hear you you're probably shooting from too far away . My slowest crossbow hits 215 FPS , from 30 yards or less the deer has no chance of hearing it .
Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Loud crossbow .

I have used the cat whiskers with good succcess[8D]if you don't have any give me a PM!