Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

loud bow

Old 04-05-2004, 08:42 PM

Default loud bow

A buddy of mine bought a Reflex Excursion. I have help him tune the bow. It is shooting awesome. He is a newby and is shooting groups under 2in at 30 yards. However one in maybe 10 shots the bow is really loud. It doesn't effect performance. It has limb savers and they are tight. Everything is tight. Any ideas?I am fresh out on this one.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: loud bow

What kind of noise is it? A pop or a crack or twang, metal on metal type of noise? Are you sure it is the bow?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:55 PM

It is the bow. To be totally honest is sounds like the limbs are slapping in the pockets. It sounds like a bow without limb savers, but 5 times as loud.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it possible that one of his arrows is under spined or damaged?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe it is a damaged arrow ,but I'd also take a look close when he's shooting that it not slapping from the string on his coat or shirt. you did say it was just once and awhile correct .

nubo
Old 04-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is he shooting mechanicals?
Old 04-06-2004, 07:53 AM

How is his Center tune??[8D]
Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too wonder if is a bad arrow. Maybe number them ( I always do) to see if it's the same arrow all the time.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:21 AM

His center tune is dead on. Walk back method. The arrows are underspined but not enough to matter(2inches left at 20 yards), he is shooting my arrows. I inspected every arrow and there is no damage. It does it every now and then and the arrow is not the same one. I'm starting to get pissed at the thing. Took it to the local reflex dealer he told me that all bows are that loud and not consistent. BS what a bunch of crap. he should have told me I'm lazy and don't need any business.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:25 AM

BGfisher, i have a good idea for you, at least i think it is one, instead of numbering your shafts i put different color nocks on all the arrows. It easy to see them, saves time and orange seems easier to remember then 8. Just an idea i like. It is however expensive to buy all the nocks but you get 12 dozen nocks. 12 sets of arrows. And it does make you look like a sissy when you use pink.

Quick Reply: loud bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.