Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Which Crossbow would you go with? >

Which Crossbow would you go with?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Which Crossbow would you go with?

Old 04-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Which Crossbow would you go with?

Horton Hunter® SuperMax 175 Ultimate Hunter Crossbow Pkg

$899.99

Old 04-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Excalibur Exocet Crossbow Package

$599.99

And the Vixen is even less. Its a bow that I lust for and is often used for 3D. Sweet bow!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Producing arrow speeds in excess of 285 FPS*, the 150 lb. Vixen is a high performance crossbow that is manufactured with an eye towards economy, but with no sacrifice of quality or durability. Finished in "Deerhide Brown" the Vixen uses Excalibur's patented machined trigger unit and reliable recurve limbs to achieve accuracy that's not just amazing, it's guaranteed! Each Vixen features an ambidextrous manual safety, quick detach sling studs and is drilled and tapped to receive optional scope and quiver mounts. The Vixen’s shorter, lighter draw and compact size make it a perfect choice for hunters of lesser stature or physical strength while still delivering plenty of power for even the largest of game. All excalibur crossbows are equipped with ourindustry leading3 lb. pull trigger.

[hr]

2006 Suggested Retail Price*
*may be higher than your local dealer's price

No.

($US)
($CDN)

2095B

VIXENCROSSBOW -Standard Version -Deerhide Brown Finish-150 lb. Draw, 13.5" Power Stroke, 285-FPS*, 3 lb. pull trigger, Manual Safety, Excel string.

$390.00 US
$540.00 CDN

*using our optional 1989 Fast Flight Flemish String
Old 04-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

$415.00 at my local shop for just the bow. I get a 10% discount from that. I have read about two moose taken with it and Dan was telling me about another taken with the Vixen. Its less power than what I have but I still want one!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vixen w/ Varizone and Miller top mnt quiver $458 SAtringer and rope cocker add another $30
Old 04-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm kinda goin all differnt stuff on muh horton. i'm probbaly gonna end up shootin tenpoint shafts, 100 gr. mech. spitfires, which are dang small and i dont know how they kill nething, i have 10point rail lube, and i'm gonna shoot a excal. varizone skope cus dan says i should
Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

when I fist starting shopping for anXbow I did a webserch and was already a member on this forum and started looking at the xbows online and reading all I could find on the this site did not have the crossbow forum then ,, was told about the archerytalk forum from some of the guys on here and linked to the Excalibur sit from their webpage, when I first looked at the xbows and read about them and their features I like what the TenPoints had to offer so far as features, but when I foud a site that carried them and found out the price I had decided against them so I checked in to the Ecals and Hortons, one of my local proshops caried the Hortons the sorry Squirrelkilla23 the cheap modles not the good ones Horton has a lot of good xbows so dont want that taken wrong, the other local proshop carried Excals went got one in my hand and shot it ,, was going to get one , had to wait a couple weeks had some money coming ..
on archery I had a guy contact me and ask if I have gottem my hands on a Tenpoint I said no because none of my local proshops had them in stock and did not want to get one in just for me to handle and shoot it , So Crosbow aka Randy on A.T. contacted me and located a proshop withis a decent distance of me , so I agreeded to go check out the TenPoints .
big mistake because once I got it in my hands and had brought it to my shoulder a few time looked it over real good the shot it a few times thats all it took I knew it was the one I wanted even thoug I id not like the price I got mine discounted caus it was a 2005 model and they gave me a deal , so please do not make a decision based on price if you like a certain bow and dont have the cash for it right now talk to the proshop about a lawaway plan I did and now have the xbow I liked best,, in the future I will get an Excal and mayby even a Horton,, but for my first xbow and it had to be the TenPoint buts this is just my thoughts and opinions on this topic , please whatever you do base your decision on reserching them and getting your hands on them and shooting them ,, do make a decision on what another xbow owner likes cause if you get a xbow that dosent feel good to you ,, you wont want to shoot it much and will not enjoy it as much..

enjoy checking the Xbows sorry for the long post
Old 04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can look high you can look low but there ain't any better xbow (EXCALIBUR)! They are built fer hunters by hunters! Vixen, now ain't she purdy,oh yes. Next is the great Phoenix, very nice. I am here to tell you they be the best, of course you can try all the rest! Just read and check out the web site, no lies.Cheap no but the most in price. You don't need the Exocet or Exomax, they just make walk farther on the other side of game animal to retrieve yer arrow! Oh yes i singed a tree rats tail a few min.'s ago!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall
Oh yes i singed a tree rats tail a few min.'s ago!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

You can look high you can look low but there ain't any better xbow (EXCALIBUR)! They are built fer hunters by hunters! Vixen, now ain't she purdy,oh yes. Next is the great Phoenix, very nice. I am here to tell you they be the best, of course you can try all the rest! Just read and check out the web site, no lies.Cheap no but the most in price. You don't need the Exocet or Exomax, they just make walk farther on the other side of game animal to retrieve yer arrow! Oh yes i singed a tree rats tail a few min.'s ago!
Yes, I have reduced all the choices down to the Exocet and Phoenix and still trying to decide between the two. I have read alot on the Exocet and trying to read more on the Phoenix before I decide. I almost bought the Exocet Packagethis week-end at Bass Pro, but held back.

Quick Reply: Which Crossbow would you go with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.