Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Favorite Duck Recipe

Old 09-21-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Favorite Duck Recipe

This one has been posted many times but I tried it for the 1st time this year on a group of guys and everyone loved it, even the guys that don't like duck.

Fillet the duck breasts and slice a pocket down the middle of each breast. Fill the "pocket" with a slice of jalapenio (sp) pepper and a chunk of pepper jack cheese. Wrap the breat with a piece of bacon and grill until the bacon looks done. The duck will still be a little pink inside but it is important not to overcook duck so it should be just right.

I can't wait for duck season to open next weekend to try it out again. Of course the hunting should be fun too.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:32 AM
djy

Default RE: Favorite Duck Recipe

that looks good.
I am officially ready for the rain and cold!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is a duck stuffed with my favorite dressing when its done I throw the duck away and eat the dressing.
Hate duck.
Rick
Old 10-05-2004, 12:40 AM

hey rick my hubby cooks duck with bacon and onions layering each on top of the duck and then covers it with apple juice and bakes it. yum yum try this sometime.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 PM

Rick my recipe is alot like yours. I marinate it in Italian Dressing and also wrap it with bacon and put jalapenos in it. My wife doesn't like hot peppers, so in hers I wrap pineapple with it. I've never done it,but I have heard people putting cream cheese in with the peppers or pineapple. Put over wildrice and eat til your belly hurts.

Chad
Old 10-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Cook duck ,
throw duck to dog , go out for dinner ...

Gawd I hate duck ! [:'(] [:'(] [:'(]
Old 10-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Cook duck ,
throw duck to dog , go out for dinner
Gotta stay away from those divers...
Mallards and woodies are great.
I season them with cajun seasoning and garlic powder, let them sit for a day or two in the fridge and cook them with salt pork or bacon and apples/onions in the cavity, in one can of chicken broth.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dave Solgat

Cook duck ,
throw duck to dog , go out for dinner
Gotta stay away from those divers...
Mallards and woodies are great.
I season them with cajun seasoning and garlic powder, let them sit for a day or two in the fridge and cook them with salt pork or bacon and apples/onions in the cavity, in one can of chicken broth.
Quite frankly I wouldn't eat another duck if it was wrapped in prime rib . [:'(] I think somebody misspelled the word "fowl" when I think of them ...
Old 10-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like to cut breasts into chuncks and then rap each with a half peice of bacon. then put into tin foil with chunks of apples. cook on grill. when bacon is done. duck is done. good good good. but i jus made some today but it was cold out and the grill is out of propane. so i used the crock pot. put apple chunks, took bacon and cut up into 1x1" squares and put olive oil on the bottom and cook on low. so tender melt in my mouth.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used Franks red hot and italian dressing mixed half and half the other day for a marinade, wrapped them in bacon, broiled, YUMMY!!!!

Quick Reply: Favorite Duck Recipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.