Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Masterbuilt smokers customer service >

Masterbuilt smokers customer service

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Masterbuilt smokers customer service

Old 10-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Masterbuilt smokers customer service

A little over a year and a half ago I purchased a new Electric Masterbuilt Smoker-- with temp control--- not long after using it, I had trouble with temp control, masterbuilt said it may be element so sent me new one-- after a number of tries this did not fix the situation---contacted them again, now way past warranty period--told them of trouble--decided to now send me complete new electronic board, gotta give them credit for customer service.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-05-2017 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-05-2017, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

That's good to know. I've been considering getting one of their smokers. How well does the smoker smoke meat, etc.?

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-05-2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

When working properly its a real lazy mans sport---put in meat, set temp and time ad chips yer done-- except for checking once in awhile and adding wood chips occasionally--my favorites are smoked turkey, pork roast , jerky and just made smoked fesh caught salmon which is not lasting very long, wish I purchased one of these 30 years ago LUV IT
Old 10-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have Bradley digital electric smoker I bought at the beginning of the year. I love it, I have had charcoal and gas smokers and this one is great when it comes to holding the heat where you want it. You set the cooking heat, set the cooking time, set the smoke time. You load a tube with wood biscuits and they automatically continue to feed pushing the old one off into a pan of water that is the drip pan. For a long smoke you have to add more than a tube full as it goes down. Many different varieties of wood biscuits available. I smoke a big fillet of King Salmon about a month ago, it was phenomenal. I cut the fillet in half before I brinned it so I had two pieces. My wife and I ate one piece in about 3 days as an appetizer and froze the other. I thawed the other one out on Friday as an appetizer as we had friends over for dinner on Saturday. It was all eaten but about two inches on Saturday and my wife and I finished off off last evening with pre-dinner toddys. The one I froze was as good as the one we ate the same day I smoked it. I highly recommend the Bradley digital.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:45 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Boys add another gadget.
I bought a cheap remote thermometer meat probe.
Now I know what the temp is of any meat I put in there whether its beef, venison, pork,or poultry.

I insert the probe into the thickest part. Pick out my meat, then set the temp I want.
And never hardly open the smoker to check.

I have a Bradley electric smoker.
Just rub the probe braided metal cable out the door and shut it.

Cost was less than 30 bucks.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I always use a probe thermometer just to make sure when I am smoking or even making meat in the oven. Cheap insurance you get the internal temp you want. I also use a thermometer that attaches to the rack inside the smoker to make sure the temp that I have set is the temp I have inside the smoker. There can be a big difference in the temp those dial thermometers that are built into smokers are showing and the temp at the meat.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yessir thank you, I always use a remote thermometer also ! Some recipes call for reaching a certain minimum temperature so this is really handy
Old 10-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

So Bradley or Masterbuilt?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can recommend the Bradley, I never used a Master built.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an electric Masterbuilt 30" Sportsman Elete smoker just over a year ago, it has a 1500 watt element with a dial on it. Nothing automatic here, just turn the dial up or down, it has a round thermometer in the door. So far I love it, I would not trade it for one of the automatic jobs because they are simple and there is hardly anything to go wrong. These are double walled so you can smoke even if the weather is cold. These have a metal box over the heating element for the wood for smoke and a water trey to keep moisture up in them. I agree with JW, get some probe thermometers so you can know what is going on with the meat, I run the wires out the smoke hole. A fast reading pocket digital thermometer is handy too. I keep a cookie sheet on the bottom and a disposable tinfoil pan on the bottom shelf to catch the grease, it makes cleanup a lot easier. Whichever smoker you get, you will wonder why you did not buy one of these years ago. They do wonderful things to meat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.