Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Lost recipe

Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lost recipe

I've lost an old recipe I had for years. What it consisted of was using ground venison, TenderQuick, a little liquid smoke, garlic powder and I can't remember what else. You mixed it together, let it sit overnight, and then formed it into 1" logs about a foot long and baked them in the oven. Seems to me it was at a fairly low temp. Oh, yeah...mustard seed was an ingredient too....
Anyone help me out? Getting too far along to keep this in a mental file anymore...........Thanks.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lost recipe

It sounds like an old recipe for summer sausage.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

I've lost an old recipe I had for years. What it consisted of was using ground venison, TenderQuick, a little liquid smoke, garlic powder and I can't remember what else. You mixed it together, let it sit overnight, and then formed it into 1" logs about a foot long and baked them in the oven. Seems to me it was at a fairly low temp. Oh, yeah...mustard seed was an ingredient too....
Anyone help me out? Getting too far along to keep this in a mental file anymore...........Thanks.

Be careful, i'd research this lost recipe carefully,,not preparing or taking a chance on thinking you may haveprepared everything right might lead you intosausage sickness syndrome.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, thrrowingStarr.........Yes, I've been a victim of both summer sausage and stuffed bologna before...took me several years to try to break the habit, but as you can see, it just never seems to entirely get out of your system. I think olive oil was an ingredient too.....Just keep talking to me, and this may all come back. This is just what I need..... a little group therapy and support....