Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 What fish do you feel is the best to eat? >

What fish do you feel is the best to eat?

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

What fish do you feel is the best to eat?

Old 09-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What fish do you feel is the best to eat?

Walleye no contest
Old 09-15-2006, 09:19 PM

sea-bass, hands down. caught one two weeks ago, deep fried it...mmm mmm mmm!!! thats what I call fresh!! it was swimmin only 30 minutes before it was in my mouth . deep fried is the way to go, but almsot burnt my grandpa's house down in the process ....

-Travis-
Old 09-16-2006, 07:43 AM

Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Walleye is excellent, perch is darn good too just takes a few more for a meal but my all out favorite is burbot. Don't worry they taste alot better than they look.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 AM

What a tough question!!! When I was growing up in Illinois the staple was channel cat, bluegill, crappie and bass. Then moved to the mountains of Colorado and smoked snagged salmon, cutthroat, brookies for sure, and the deepest, reddest rainbow meat you've ever seen from Wyoming--yumm. Then moved to the west coast and hands down was sturgen and halibut and lingcod. If you ever see monkfish in your market buy some and cut it in small chunks, drop it in salted water and let it boil till it pops up to the top and dip it in butter....it's called poor man's lobster, and it is outstanding!!!!! tastes exactly like lobster!!! You can do that exact same thing to halibut too and it is unbelievably great!!!! A dinner of smallmouth is something I can never pass up either!!!!! For a real treat, smoke sturgen meat....it's amazing.......Then there is the walleye....one of the tastiest fish that swims.....how's that for a well rounded out answer to the fish eating question.....
Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

For DINNER - Haddock - salt water - I cannot find a better tasting fish

Yellow Perch- freshwater - White cornmeal & flour - BEST snack going. - A dinner for all - is rare but wonderful if done right!

FH
Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-18-2006, 10:30 PM

trout
Old 10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

1. Bluegill or Yellow Perch at the local tap. The best there is!
2. Walleye, but only if I caught it through the iceand I prepare it myself. I hate mushy fish!
3. Northern Pike caught through the ice.
Bass and Crappie taste like mud when caught in the summer. Gotta get them through the ice!
Brian
Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

Well, since I am new to the forum and my first love is fishing, I must reply. Where I live (southeast Texas - between Houston and Beaumont) I have a lot of salt water and fresh water within 15-30 minutes, depending where I want to go. I fish about 2 times a week on average, and that includes deer season. For salt water, this is the order I like.

1st - Flounder
2nd - Speckle Trout
3rd-Whitting
4th - Red Fish
5th -Red Snapper
6th - Spanish and King Mackerels
7th - Maui maui
8th - many others

For fresh water, this is the order I like.

1st - Crappie (black or white)
2nd - Blue catfish
3rd - Channel catfish
4th - Various perch
5th - Rainbow trout
6th - Cut throat trout
7th - Brown trout
8th - Bass
9th - Walleye
10th- many more

Really as far as I am concerned, I eat pretty much any fish. I grew up fishing and fish so much that I supply our church with fish for two annual fish frys that feed about 300 people each time. I prepare the fish about 7 different ways from mild fried, spicy fried to blackened to grilled to a few others.

Quick Reply: What fish do you feel is the best to eat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.