Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Really old Bear Compounds >

Really old Bear Compounds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Really old Bear Compounds

Old 04-25-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Really old Bear Compounds

I went to work the other day and my friend asked if I would come out to her car to look at something. Her three sons have been begging her to buy them bows; due to a lack of funds she hasn't. Well, when I went out to the car she shows me these three bows and asked if I thought they would be ok for the kids. I told her that I personally thought that the kids shouldn't shoot them A.) because they are super old and it could be dangerous and B.) I though might belong in some kind of museum rather than kicking around the back yard. So can any of you guys tell me if these are worth anything in terms of being antiques?

Out of the three bows two of them are in rough shape (hand camo paint jobs) but the other one is in pristine condition and has wooden limbs.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
Old 04-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Really old Bear Compounds

I have one very similiar if not the same as your second pic from the top (Bear2.jpg)
it was given to me 4 years ago as my first starter bow,, my pro shop checked it out before i shot it, it did very well for me, it would only max to 50# and now needs a new string which can be gotten without any problem for about 8 bucks.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Really old Bear Compounds

I learned how to shoot on one of the Whitetail bows you have pictured. Probably should have a pro shop take a look at them, they may need new strings/cables or other minor work to ensure safety, but in my opinion, they would be good bows for her sons to start with. Then, if they actually take an interest in the sport they can then invest in a more expensive bow.