Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back >

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Old 04-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Wow. What a narrow minded individual. Does he realize i have seen deer running around with bullets lodged in their jaw, back, gut, etc.etc. . I dont think its the tool used, rather the person with the tool. What ever tool you use, as a hunter you are suppose to know your weapon and its advantages, disadvantages, and limitations. People who choose to take bad shots should be the issue, not the tool. I know my guns, I also know my bows. I will only take shots they can make.[:@]
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have NEVER seen even one deer running around with an arrow sticking out of it.
Me either ,and Ive been in the woods for quiet a few years . Good job Chad .
Old 04-25-2005, 09:21 AM

Wow. What a narrow minded individual. Does he realize i have seen deer running around with bullets lodged in their jaw, back, gut, etc.etc.
Careful Bernie,

This sounds like a well thought out letter by an anti trying to stir up the hunters. My initial though was the same as yours but I don't want to cast any of hunting in a negative light. Defending bow hunting by stepping on the name of any form of hunting is not a good defense for hunting. Each of his arguments can be easily dismissed with facts from numerous studies conducted over the years. As hunters we need to think before we speak in defense of our sport. Our voice should be uniform and concise in discrediting the antis, not our fellow hunters.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

I have NEVER seen even one deer running around with an arrow sticking out of it.
Me either ,and Ive been in the woods for quiet a few years . Good job Chad .
I have. It was just moments after I released my arrow and seconds before I heard him crash just out of sight. It was a blur but a beautiful vision
Old 04-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have already sent a letter to that newspaper. Obviously this is a covert beginning of the ongoing campaign in the USA to attack and stop bowhunting by PETA and the Humane Society. We need to respond quickly and intelligently to this type of propaganda. I will advising the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters about it also.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

This sounds like a well thought out letter by an anti trying to stir up the hunters. My initial though was the same as yours but I don't want to cast any of hunting in a negative light
You are absolutly right. Thanks for bring that to eveyones attention. I dont want to put a bad face on hunting period.

It is simple to get caught up in emotions, but we dont want to do as I did, and make any hunting look bad. Ill have to remember next time I start to rant. Thanks agian.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:47 PM

This is the most obvious attempt by an anti to stir the pot. There is NO WAY this guy is a hunter. He seems so uneducated on archery and hunting. If he is a regular archer he would know the accuracy one can achieve with a bow and would know the average archery hunter would not have difficulty taking a deer given the oppurtunity for a good shot.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Not trying to be a smarta$$ here but just as a heads up

hemorrhage (sp?) is one of several causes of shock, shock is basically hypo-perfusion of the organs. Bullets and arrows kill in the same manner, by disrupting tissue function in a way that is incompatable with life. Their are some differences in their mechanism of action though.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Digi - Shock is an emotion, the disturbance to the state of mind, a human concept that shouldn't be applied to deer.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Ha Ha you got me

But do deer not have feelings too?