Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Suggestions for a fellow hunter??? >

Suggestions for a fellow hunter???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Suggestions for a fellow hunter???

Old 08-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Suggestions for a fellow hunter???

I will be making a trip out to Pennsylvania for my first time ever to hunt for whitetail. I have a friend that owns some land in the northeastern part of the start that has a couple of very nice 8 points he says.

I was curious if you guys could hook me up with some links of what your state laws/regs are regarding clothing, firearms, etc. I tried to find the information on the Pennsylvania Game Commission's site, but couldn't seem to find any information there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Suggestions for a fellow hunter???

Check over at http://www.northeasternoutdoors.com/
[/align][/align][/align]
Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Deerfly,

Thank you very much. That was exactly the information that I was looking for to review before season.

I am assuming that the weather is somewhat like what we have here in Nebraska, but is there any helpful hints that you would care to give me?? I would really appreciate it.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

first i want to say "GO HUSKERS" im huge husker fan. i want to come out there some year and do a hunt/go to a game thing..

as for the weather in PA,it changes every year, but always plan for it being cold.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Gobbler,

I am happy to hear that you are a Husker fan. We are really thinking that this year is going to be a great year for us, not like the 90's, but definitely starting to approach that kind of results.

If you actually do get tickets for a game and want to come out and hunt also, let me know. I usually have some decent land to hunt on in order to fill my freezer.

Thanks for the heads-up on the weather. I figured that it would be like that, but I wanted to be sure before I arrived there after Thanksgiving only to find out that I need even more clothes.

Now for the tough question...I know that Non-resident tags are $101 and that you can buy them over the counter, but whenI arrive in November, will there still be tags available for purchase? My buddy lives in Management Unit 3C, I believe.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i hope we're going to have a good year too. few big games have to win.

yeah if your only going to hunt buck, then you can get your licn when you get here.but if u want to hunt does also, then you need to get your licn now and apply for a doe tag.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree...Texas and USC. I already figure that those two are losses, but hopefully since they are losing guys left and right, maybe that will help us out.

Yes, I am actually planning on just hunting for a buck. My buddy that lives that has about 110 acres and has two huge bucks where he would like me to take one of them. They are both 8 points, but one has a 20" spread and 17" tines, or so he says, that he would really like me to get. He only hunts does, so he has "too many bucks" there. That would be rough to be able to say that. Hopefully he's not just kidding around. I'll have to let you know if I get something good.