Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you shoot a coyote in hunting season ? >

would you shoot a coyote in hunting season ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you shoot a coyote in hunting season ?

Old 04-20-2005, 06:37 AM

Default RE: would you shoot a coyote in hunting season ?

It depends where I'm hunting. Around home where there are a ton of deer and not many yotes I'd probably pass. Funny thing is I rarely see yotes, It's usually the neighbors dog that's tempting me.

Up north where I hunt where the deer are fewer and the yotes are more prevelent I wouldn't hesitate. I don't eat yote but have a pelt I wear on my arm as a puppet. It's great for scaring my boys and "attacking" my cats. In fact everyone in my house like it except for my wife. Go figure.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll shoot them whenever I can.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I try to do it, I have done it, and I will again, and this is why. Anyone who thinks a coyote will not take a deer is dead wrong. I can't count how many I've called in with a doe/fawn bleat call. I shot one last year coming into a bleat that maybe weighed 25 lbs. Not very big for trying to take down a deer. I also called in a bobcat the same way, the same place, the next day.

I've also called in several while turkey hunting. One year I even had one take my decoy. He dropped it after 30 yards or so and I yelled at him, but nonetheless...
Old 04-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

bye-bye yote
Ditto ,
they play hell with the fawns here , and sometimes take down adult deer too . 'Yotes = scum .
Old 04-20-2005, 07:24 AM

You betcha I send that critter off to critter heaven.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

In a heartbeat. Because thier numbers are growing in my areas and I want to slow that process. I'd either get it mounted or the fur tanned, depending on the money I had at the time and how nice the fur was. If the hide was REALLY crappy, I might do the skull thing.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:56 AM

rybohunter:

In a heartbeat. Because thier numbers are growing in my areas and I want to slow that process. I'd either get it mounted or the fur tanned, depending on the money I had at the time and how nice the fur was. If the hide was REALLY crappy, I might do the skull thing.
Ditto. There's a bounty on them here 'cause they do so much damage to waterfowl nesting. You can shoot 'em anytime with a small game license.

Don
Old 04-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep. No deer will come around if a yote is there. Also, we have way to many running around here. I would keep a pelt, except most of the ones around here are eat up with mange. If it is simply passing through, and I think it is not hanging around, I wont mess up my hunt by shooting it. Ill let it go. They are a problem around here like feral cats. They kill peoples pets, and spread mange and other boogers as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 AM

Without hesitation! Shooting a coyote is a sight to see. I've shot 2 of them. My first kill was at 40 yds with about 6" of fletching showing. The coyote spun around and bit the arrow until it broke off and ran about 50 yds. It was a rush!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes - because he got too close - no - no - no

Quick Reply: would you shoot a coyote in hunting season ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.