Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thought Police?

Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Thought Police?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the though police are present? I’m talking about locking all of these forums about crossbows that got locked. I agree it was getting ridiculous but I don’t understand why they had to be all shut down. They were rather entertaining at times.

BTW if this gets locked we my question will definitely be answered.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 AM

Default RE: Thought Police?

You may want to read the rules and if you have an issue with a thread getting locked or a particular moderator you should contact then via PM.

Rule 5: No discussion or challenge to our editing policy are allowed within the forums. If you disagree, or want clarification as to why a particular topic, post or individual was removed, you must email [email protected]. HuntingNet.Com moderators, administrators and staff will NOT respond to any inquiries or challenges of these rules or decisions on the public forum. However, we will respond to email inquiries.
I have little doubt that this thread will be lock and deleted.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Rule 5: No discussion or challenge to our editing policy are allowed within the forums.

I have little doubt that this thread will be lock and deleted.
I’m not trying to stir up crap.. Really. But that answers my question. They definitely are present.

I have not seen the rules but I’m gonna check them out now
Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't delete the thread becuase I feel it is worth responding to.

First of all, the "crossbow" threads were allowed to run their course for several weeks with little to no "thought policing" of people's ideas or opinions on the matter. However, after more than 100 pages of replies and the same arguement being hashed out over and over it became quite apparent that nobody was going to "win" and the only thing those threads were doing was giving people a reason to argue with one another. If the problem couldn't be properly addressed through more than 100 pages of content, it was time to give it up.

This Forum isn't here merely for it's entertainment value. It is here as a place for people who bowhunt to get together and share stories, tips, suggestions, ask questions, and meet new people with similar interests. It's not here as a place for people to argue for weeks on end about a topic that will never, ever be agreed upon, and it is certainly not here to entertain you when those situations arise.

Last but not least I want to remind you all that one of the biggest threats facing the sport of hunting in general is the segregation of hunters within ourselves. If we worry too much about fighting against each other instead of uniting our efforts to support hunting as a whole, before you know it there might not be anything left to fight for.

Now if you have any further comments or issues regarding this issue, feel free to PM or email me and we can discuss it privately.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:13 AM

If you follow the link in the quote in my post you can email them and they will respond. I'm guessing that the size of the post and it's never ending nature led it to be locked but that's not my call. The mods here keep the board clean and running smoothly. I've seen it get less then civil here and I for one appreciate the thankless job they perform.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:25 AM

I think there is huge difference between arguing/debating your views on a topic and the segregation of hunters. When it comes down to it, I think all hunters will join and fight whoever presents the challenge to the sport, whether they agree on certain topics or not.

I think the xbow threads were helpful and enlightening to some people. I agree the 100 pager needed locked, but not all.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why wouldn't the others need to be locked as well? There were in essence 4 or 5 threads on the same topic, discussing virtually the same thing. Lock one, and people simply move to the others and pick up where they left off. People had plenty of time to express how they felt about the issue and quite simply it was time to move on.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Don't worry about the crossbow threads being locked... it's just time for you guys to start arguing about Mechanicals vs. Fixed blades or Mathews vs Hoyt vs Bowtech or if you're on the Trad forums you can argue about the ethics of Howard Hill and Fred bear or are Black Widows worth the money?

There's always fenced hunting to argue about. Creation vs evolution. ATVs. Gays in the military. Skippy vs Jif. Great taste vs Less filling.

After you get done with those topics.. you can start another crossbow thread.

BTW, we prefer to be called 'Forum Nazis'.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:03 AM

BTW, we prefer to be called 'Forum Nazis'.
Are you sure? I seem to remember a "Ground Hunter" who was banned for refering to a moderator as a Nazi
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great taste vs Less filling.
Great taste all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Thought Police?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.