HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thought Police?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thought Police?

I won't delete the thread becuase I feel it is worth responding to.

First of all, the "crossbow" threads were allowed to run their course for several weeks with little to no "thought policing" of people's ideas or opinions on the matter. However, after more than 100 pages of replies and the same arguement being hashed out over and over it became quite apparent that nobody was going to "win" and the only thing those threads were doing was giving people a reason to argue with one another. If the problem couldn't be properly addressed through more than 100 pages of content, it was time to give it up.

This Forum isn't here merely for it's entertainment value. It is here as a place for people who bowhunt to get together and share stories, tips, suggestions, ask questions, and meet new people with similar interests. It's not here as a place for people to argue for weeks on end about a topic that will never, ever be agreed upon, and it is certainly not here to entertain you when those situations arise.

Last but not least I want to remind you all that one of the biggest threats facing the sport of hunting in general is the segregation of hunters within ourselves. If we worry too much about fighting against each other instead of uniting our efforts to support hunting as a whole, before you know it there might not be anything left to fight for.

Now if you have any further comments or issues regarding this issue, feel free to PM or email me and we can discuss it privately.