Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thought Police?

Old 04-12-2005, 11:14 PM

Default RE: Thought Police?

Last but not least I want to remind you all that one of the biggest threats facing the sport of hunting in general is the segregation of hunters within ourselves. If we worry too much about fighting against each other instead of uniting our efforts to support hunting as a whole, before you know it there might not be anything left to fight for.
I agree 100% Very well put!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Site Bouncer

I think there is huge difference between arguing/debating your views on a topic and the segregation of hunters. When it comes down to it, I think all hunters will join and fight whoever presents the challenge to the sport, whether they agree on certain topics or not.
I agree with DC, I think when it comes to push and shove all hunters will be united.

I agree the 100 pager needed locked
I don't....cuz I was just getting you guys to see the light
Old 04-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

yeah the thought has crossed my mind,,oh they "taking notes" as to who's who in America,,things like stump likk'r,,high let-offs,,::h whats another one? ::,,oh lighted sights the possibilies are endless.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Hmmmmm.... whatever do you mean. I prefer to think of them as "MY almighty protectors". Heck, if it weren't for them I might hurt myself. Ya see, there's those that use power wisely.... and then there's those that abuse power wisea$$edly. There are leaders and then there are power hungry self absorbed nitwits. Fortunately, we don't have many of them. Get over it and go on. Just make your mental notes and put the big ignore on them. YOu wonder what some of these almighty protectors would do in a real emergency. Their total world is deleting a thread.... such as a friendly discussion on a legal weapon in some states and not so legal in others. While we're at it, I suggest we eliminate all talk of Hearts or Pitch or Go Fish. I mean, these card games will lead us to Vegas and sin. You want your kids to become sinners... you just keep letting them play Go Fish. It'll be the ruin of them I tell ya.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:20 PM

Call it or them what you want but this is a private enterprise and you are not entilted to a straight answer. There is a good chance you will not get one either.
This is a private operation and the administration can control what is posted here within the rules or just as they may feel at any given moment.
I was ban for thirty days and so be it. The thing is I never got a notice from the mod that ban me (whomever that is) or had any of my post edited or deleted so as to give me a clue as to why I was ban. Still do not know.
The admin told me personal attacks at a specific member. Go figure, I had not been involved in any such thing at or near that time. I requested a clarification so as not to cross the line agian if indeed I had. Still waiting.
Now I did e-mail the admin like the rule directs. After a couple of weeks I got an answer that basically told me that he trusted his moderators judgement. What judgement?Never found out what "judgement" that was or which post broke the rules.
My point is they are the thought police. If they think what you posted was improper or just not what they want to see, lock it up, delete it, edit it and if they so feel like it ban the person. They are under no obligation to give you an explanation of any type. They can apply the rules to whom they want when they want for whatever reason they want.
Not a good business practice but such is life.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP.... life isn't fair. Get used to it.[8D]
Old 04-14-2005, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Momma always said..."life is like a box of....." ah never mind.

CTRL-ALT-DELETE
Old 04-14-2005, 05:08 AM

well, my 2 cents is that those 100+ pages were not just arguing and senseless BS. I think when its all said and done, the points that I made, and the points others did too, on the Facts on crossbows will still ring in peoples minds long after the threads die. People DO change their minds on things, they did when they allowed compounds into archery season, and several states are talking about letting crossbows in thie year, like some states did last year. Compound groups will fight it ......... but WHY is the question that remains unanswered.

I actually agreed with locking that thread. Why ? It was seriously glitching and slow becuase of the sheer length of it ! Other than Mod's picking on people for no reason, can't complain too much about Hunting.Net moderating

BTW - did anyone else notice that the guys that didn't miond crossbows, that realized crossbows didn't affect their hunting, and didn't affect their archery seasons negatively ........ those guys lived in crossbow states ? Firsthand knowledge of the impact instead of just unfounded fears -
Old 04-14-2005, 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: datamax

well, my 2 cents is that those 100+ pages were not just arguing and senseless BS. I think when its all said and done, the points that I made, and the points others did too, on the Facts on crossbows will still ring in peoples minds long after the threads die.

its possible you could be overestimating your own importance/influence
Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 AM

gibblet - possibly, but I was debating with Fact on my side, not opinions, and that eventually sinks in to even the hardest of heads

Quick Reply: Thought Police?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.