Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Hoyt VTEC

Old 04-06-2005, 08:37 PM

Default New Hoyt VTEC

anybody shot this bow yet?? I was wondering what everyone else thought. does anyone know the MSRP or how much they are going for?? how much is the XTEC also?? Thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Hoyt VTEC

My local dealer is selling the V-Tec at $650, not sure about the X-Tec or that he is even carrying any. What part of Indiana are you from? I am just across the Wabash river in Illinois.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Hey fellow Hoosier! (I'm trapped in Illinois for the time being!) I would say $650 is a real good price depending on how accessories are priced. If you are going to swap sights and all shoot for the $650 price line.

I shoot Hoyt and tried several riser designs before takin the VTECH. I think it gives less feedback and is as vibration free as it gets. I shot a friends AR34 this week and it had a lot of vibration and noise compared to the VTECH. I do believe the VTECH is a bit heavier than the Xtech though. The XTECH is usually $50 cheaper from what I have seen. It also depends on which cams you get as well. I have the regular Cam and a 1/2. It draws super smooth and has a great breaking point. The Spiral Cam 1/2 has a stiffer draw but more speed and less let off and a more agressive break in the draw at let off. Good luck choosing!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The VTEC is awesome! I recently got rid of a Switchback in favor of the new VTEC. This bow is THE best bow I have personally ever owned. I am shooting more accurately and more consistent than I even have in my life. I can't say enough about this machine, I love it!

They are going for $629 here.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:43 PM

thats not as high priced as i figured. thats good. i am from the big city (NOT) of linton, indiana, its about 40 miles SE of terre haute. i'd really like to get a new hoyt, either the xtec or vtec, but the money is a bit of a problem. i now have a Fred Bear TRX, its a really nice bow, but i just like the new hoyts that much...id really like to get one. thanks to everyone
Old 04-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Here is my time to bash the best bow manufacture.[&:] 1. They got rid of timing marks for holes. 2. They now have draw stops on both cams. I have a Protec that would not reach full let off. After much tinkering I realized that the bow had to be out of time. So after much measuring I determined that the top cam was fast. So I put 2 twist in the cable to speed up the bottom cam. The bow went from 66% let off to 75% in two twist of the cable. I just thought it was a little severe for being out of tune that little. Other than that I'm a happy camper with Hoyt's, still not worth trading in.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 12 pointer

thats not as high priced as i figured. thats good. i am from the big city (NOT) of linton, indiana, its about 40 miles SE of terre haute. i'd really like to get a new hoyt, either the xtec or vtec, but the money is a bit of a problem. i now have a Fred Bear TRX, its a really nice bow, but i just like the new hoyts that much...id really like to get one. thanks to everyone

There are some great XTECs going for an affordable price on Ebay. It's a pretty safe bet as long as you check the sellers feedbacks.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Not much difference between the bows except the riser and handle design, and maybe 5 f.p.s. The V is a little smoother than the X from my shooting experience with the 2. According the Hoyt catalog, they both have the same mass weight. To me the decision would be made on which one felt more comfortable in the hand, since they both have completely different grips. I bought an Xtec when they came out, and after shooting the Vtec, wanted one really bad. But decided to save the dough. There was a difference, just not a big enough one to buy it.

As far as the timing issues guys talk about, take the factory strings and pitch them. But a good set of aftermarket strings, especially if you shoot a lot, you won't regret it. I put a set of GAS strings on mine in january and after about 3000 shots in 2 different indoor leagues and practice, I haven't touched a thing.

Mikey
Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

12 pointer, you are not far away. I live in Robinson, Il. and a local pro shop along Route 1 carries the full line of Hoyts. That is from where I shot you the price of a V-Tec.

By the way..........I grew up in Sullivan County and have been to Linton many times.