Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 side winder sites >

side winder sites

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

side winder sites

Old 04-09-2005, 12:50 PM

Default side winder sites

Just got a side winder site yesterday and i'm wondering about the glow sticks used to light the pins. Do you put the sticks in when you go out hunting or just when it starts to get dark? and how long do the sticks last?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: side winder sites

QT,

I have a Trophy Ridge that can use the glow sticks. I inserted them when I first went out in the morning. They would last effectively for about 3 hrs, maybe 4 but by that time you don't need them anyway. They will last thru dusk fine also. I got tired of the cost, though and bought the bracket and battery operated light. It lights the pins up brighter, always there, and I can turn it off when not needed. It was about $16. Can you mount one on the Sidewinder?

aero
Old 04-09-2005, 05:53 PM

I don't know for sure about the light bracket, it wouldn't surprise me of you could though. Some glow sticks and the cover came with it. You just light the glow sticks, and stick them in the grooves in the cover, then snap the cover over the coils, is that how it is on trophy ridge?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

No. A little different. The Trophy Ridge has a hole at the bottom that the glow stick slides into. They seemed to stay OK but it seems a little cheesy like they could just slide out. Plus it came with 2 little rubber caps to put on the ends of the glow sticks that stick out of each side. Lost one of them right away. I just didn't use them anyway. If you can get a light attachment I would recommend it. Did you go to Cobras sight and see if they offer a light for it? Seems like I've seen some Cobra lights similar to mine.