Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator or ASAT >

Predator or ASAT

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator or ASAT

Old 04-02-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Predator or ASAT

Awhile back there was a thread Titled "Predator or ASAT",and I tried to post a photo of me inadvertently walking by my trail camera,but could'nt get it to upload.I finally resized the photo, so here it is.I'm wearing Predator fall gray and this is the November woods.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Predator or ASAT

Depends on the time of year and surrounding cover. I think ASAT is better most of the time. In a hardwoods tree in late season on an overcast day I'd opt for the Predator. Early season I'd use ASAT or my favorite, Apparition Green.

Old 04-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

rutting, That looks good to me!

David thats a nice size eating buck![8D]
Old 04-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took a few photos last weekend of ASAT leafy and plain ASAT as well as Mossy Oak Breakup. These first pics are from about 25 yards through brush.
MOBU

ASAT

3d Leafy suit

You can definately tell that the MOBU is too dark for this area. Even at just 30 yards, it "blobs" up. The ASAT 3d leafy suit pretty well disappears in the brush.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the leafy suit from about 70 yards. I zoomed in on the pic a bit. The white tag it really stands out. If it wasn't for that, it would be really hard to find.

Here is MOBU from the same distance and set up. It is a little difficult to see but again, it "blobs" up at further distances.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the days that my Dad joined me for some shed hunting he wore his lightweight Predator Deception. A few times while we were a fair distance from one another I would stop and try to spot him.... I was VERY impressed with the camos effectiveness!!! Here is one of the pics I snapped.

Here's a pic I snapped last spring of my favorite green pattern. Mossy Oak Obsession, very good stuff.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

rutting, thanks for sharing that pic. That just confirms what I've believed for a while: that predator fall grey is simply the best at that time of year!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Those are some interesting pics. I think they demonstrate that all camo has it's place and ideal application. For example, the Predator camo seems to excel on sunny days in late season where it can take advantage of the differing tones and shadows. ASAT seems to do best in brushy areas that have a lot of lighter tones. Mossy Oak (and I'm sure Realtree HD and Advantage) seem to work best when layed against a more solid background to blend in to.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with HuntingBry. Almost any camo will work given the ideal situation. But if you're looking for a do it all camo pattern, it is simply impossible IMO to beat Predator or ASAT. These patterns were designed not to simply blend into, or look like something, but rather they are designed to look like nothing and destroy human outline.

I just started using Predator Fall Brown last season and am absolutely amazed at what it can do. However, I did notice one thing. Turkeys can't be fooled if you are up in a treestand with this camo. I have been picked off quite a bit last year by turkeys. Deer on the other hand, never knew I was there. I was not busted once last season because of being seen.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:28 PM

I love the "predator" and "sticks and limbs" patterns in the late season. They just seem to melt you into the forrest.

Nice buck David. I'm surprised you didn't pose in the blue panties though