Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Predator Camo or ASAT

Old 03-14-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Predator Camo or ASAT

I will be getting one or the other this summer. Which brand do you guys like the best of the two?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Predator Camo or ASAT

For my neck of the woods its predator,it just seems to work for me and my location.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used them both and I like ASAT much better.

Check this link for some of my ASAT pics.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=713372
Old 03-14-2005, 01:19 PM

Those pics really got me leaning towards ASAT, buckeyebuckhntr. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are excellent choices, but IMO, Predator works better, especially from a treestand. Plus, you are not limited to one outfit and can get a variety of clothing in Predator patterns. I think ASAT is working on this, but from what I know, you are stuck with just the coverall leafy suite. I already where enough layers when it gets cold, I don't need another.

Here is what I mean about treestand situations.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used ASAT the past two seasons and had very good luck with it. I feel it is much better than MO and other of those types. Predator and ASAT IMO are the best out there. I'm gonna get a couple things in Predator this spring to try out with the ASAT this fall.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:45 PM

ASAT had a parka and bibs last year for sale along with jeans and lightweight jacket so you are not limited to just the 3-D leafy suit from them. I believe they are adding a bunch of stuff this year but I don't know. I also stumbled across a company that sold clothes that used the ASAT pattern for some of their stuff and it had a huge variety of the options to choose from including the scentlock stuff if that is your cup of Tea.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used both. From my experience I don't see one as being that much better than the other. You won't go wrong with either pattern. It will be the quality of the garment that will make a difference in my opinion.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater I agree. I decided last year to purchase clothing from Grey Wolf Woolens. He has a Wolfskin material that i found to be phenomenol. Extremely quite, water resistant, won't shrink or stretch, tear resistant and won't pick up burrs. Its awesome stuff. It was pricey as hell, about 550 for the set, but I"m very pleased with it.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM

I like ASAT much better. Works everywhere. They havent changed their pattern since the company started

Quick Reply: Predator Camo or ASAT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.