Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nugent on TV last night... >

Nugent on TV last night...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nugent on TV last night...

Old 03-26-2005, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Nugent on TV last night...

This thread has become a perfect example of why and how the anti's have success. They are far more unified than we are; we're way too busy chopping each other down, when so many others would happily do it for us (and they will anyway). I haven't seen the episode you guys are talking about - I can't seem to get the Outdoor Channel anymore. However, we should be supporting shows like Ted's rather than b!tching about it and giving the anti's a roadmap of arguments to help defeat our way of life.

I'm a fan of Ted's. I have no problem saying it. I also have no problem saying that I don't agree with everything Ted does or says. Ted is high profile, over the top, and people will listen to him whether they agree with him or not. Hunting needs that. As for those NFL and MLB players who hunt, when they get a tv show that has the nerve to show how to field dress an animal, then we'll talk. Until then, those "celebrities" need to step up to the plate and show the courage of their convictions.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

WindsorArcher
, I have to agree with you.

For the most part I haven't exactly cared a lot for some of his recent shows, but at least he does it his way, and unlike many if not most past and present rock stars, he didn't use drugs. What he is doing must still be working or those here who complain about his shows must still be watching. As for most of the celebrity hunters......most are invited on a hunt, put in a stand or tower and wait for something to shoot. I do understand its tv but....geesh!

One of my favorite celeb hunters was Will Clark who hosted a hunting show part-time, but I have not seen him in quite a while.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Long Live the Beast!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 09:57 AM

WindsorArcher
Thanks WindsorArcher.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

-
Old 03-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

He has done more for huntung than anyone here. Read some background on him.
So he says.

I don't need to look it up. I read about it when it happened. I don't need to rely on his rose colored rehash of events.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM

well, im not going to go deep but I think one of the best episodes was when he was in a blind on a laptop doing whatever while hunting. Then when an animal came out i think a bison maybe not, he put it down and shot it. Pretty funny. Anyways I dont look up to him, if you do there is nothing wrong with that. I dont think he pushes anyone away from the sport, if someone doesnt agree or quits hunting because of Ted, well I dont know; odd. So in the end i would say he does attract new hunters. However i have heard many stories of him, when he is in the woods he shoots anything that moves. If he is hunting for deer and a birdy fly's by... WATCH OUT!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be a good show if he could keep his mouth shut.[:'(]